Football upgrades in Knoxville

osunut2

Most people were already aware of the field turf recently installed at Maryville, Catholic, and Grace Christian, but with the start of the 2012 football season about a month away, are there any other venue upgrades/improvement projects worth mentioning, particularly in the Knoxville area?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the fields look great! Have personally driven by then and they are awesome. Noticed Maryville has a new scoreboard and what looks like a video board. I was by Farragut today checking on the passing league and the progress of the field, and it looks really nice as well. Hopefully we can get the money to do the entire game field within the next few years. I believe it will pay dividends in the long run. Any word on when Farragut's field should be completed by, looked like they had the number in today???

Are you sure it is the first time for seats on the visitors side at Fulton. I remember there being stands on the visitors side in the 70's.

Fulton had seats on the visitor side for a long time. They had them when I was in high school and we would play against Fulton in 1974-1976. The took them all out after part of them fell in a game which they were hosting Austin East. If memory serves, that was somtime in the early/mid 80s.

Edited by HTV