District 14A 2012-2013 Who ya got?

UCTdoes

The Lady Jackets just could not hit a shot tonight....part of that was cold shooting...the other part was UC's good defense. We even missed a lot of FT's, which we usually dont miss many FT's.

My impressions about UC from the game.....Reedy is really the only offensive threat yall have right now....FT shooting was very bad, except for Reedy. Yall are athletic, and yall play tough defense...very good defense. But, I dont know if yall are gonna go far with only one scorer and poor FT shooting. Maybe I'm wrong.....are yall getting Fair back this year? She might be a huge key in yall going far in the tourney.

Not sure what you saw last night but the UC offense was a team effort last night. And there are two players averaging double figures. Hudson is the leading scorer followed by Reedy with 16 & 11 each. Also Nettles averaging 9 a game. Greenfield was just lucky to catch UC on a bad shooting night and they still scored 46 while holding Greenfield to 26 pts. I'll take that on the road with terrible refs.

I think the game went the way most expected. By that I mean it was an offensive struggle on both sides. Union city plays good team defense, and Greenfield will not give you anything easy. Both teams compete hard and have for the past few years. I'll bet you could look at last year and the scores would be low between these two each time. The games are always physical, but not dirty, and each side wants to compete. Congrats to UC on another hard fought district win.

UCTdoes,

Do you realize that we scored 0 points in the 3rd quarter? 0! The game was close before the 3rd, and the Lady Jackets made a little comeback in the 4th, but then puttered out in the end. Most of our comeback was due to poor, free throw shooting by everyone but Reedy. Also, Hudson is a very good player, and #13 looked like she could shoot a 3. But, I imagine that most of Hudson's points come in the paint....aint she the big girl...#32, I believe? I really didnt see a lot of scoring out of anyone else. Reedy was the offense last night.

But anyway, I was just sharing my thoughts about yall come tourney time....I have no doubts that yall are the best team in the district, right now. But, when you advance far in the tourney, you'd better hit free throws, and you'd better have other people, who can score points. Yall's athleticism and defense will carry you, and Reedy will help yall score points....Is Fair coming back?

Congratulations to Union City on a good win, very disappointed in our Greenfield team. I dont see us improving like I thought we would as the season progresses. We play good defense but we have no offense. 15-10 Union City at halftime. Union City is more physical than most teams and we looked scared to death. I dont see Union City losing to anybody in our district this year.

As for Union City, they play good defense. Union City is the best team in 14A. Hudson is your best player in my opinion, I expected more from Reedy. I may have caught Union City on a bad night but in my opinion Union City will still win region without Amber.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

The Lady Jackets fall to 8-4 with the loss at Martin tonight. Greenfield just cannot score points. There is no one shooting very good, right now.

A loss to Martin isn't bad. If I'm thinking right, they're sitting on top of 13AA right now. I saw you guys against Bradford and at Gibson and you guys will be fine. Don't jump off-board with Coach Trevathan. He knows what he's doing and will have you guys ready when tournaments roll around!