Webb @ Alcoa...this ain't no country club.

roflol.gif There's a nice quiche cafe next door to a florist and "alternative" drinking hole in downtown K-town. Would you like for me to make us some reservations? icon_mrgreen.gif If I can find me some coupons for BOH I will try to join you fellas sometime this season. Yum yum food but almost out of my budget when I throw in the gasoline mileage. We will always have "band burgers" to bring us together if we don't get together sooner.

Hey, did I see you scouting the Rams last night on the rivalry Thursday broadcast? Did they have any good eats .. and did it crank up your appetite for an Air-Assault on Grace in a few weeks? Charlie High and his receiving corp will have a field day on the turf from what I saw!

Back to the thread. I just don't see Webb getting close to Alcoa. Maryville cleaned their clock last year when they had two Blances and a Kelly. Is Webb better now, than at the start of last year? I know Alcoa is better! This really should be a great Saturday evening for Alcoa. Maybe they should have a one quarter scrimmage with Maryville and Alcoa just as an appetizer for the real game a week from Sunday.

Edited by oldhick76

Hey, did I see you scouting the Rams last night on the rivalry Thursday broadcast? Did they have any good eats .. and did it crank up your appetite for an Air-Assault on Grace in a few weeks? Charlie High and his receiving corp will have a field day on the turf from what I saw!

Yep, you caught me. I couldn't get close enough to the concession stands to try it out (nice crowd) but the burgers sure smelt good. CAK plays the Rams @CAK this year, so they will have to wait another year to get on the turf. My Warriors got their pride hurt a bit last year with that loss and are anxiously awaiting this years game, but they are being silent about it outside of the locker room. thumb[1].gif

I agree, Alcoa should win this one, but I expect Webb to play hard and keep it close for awhile.

Back to the thread. I just don't see Webb getting close to Alcoa. Maryville cleaned their clock last year when they had two Blances and a Kelly. Is Webb better now, than at the start of last year? I know Alcoa is better! This really should be a great Saturday evening for Alcoa. Maybe they should have a one quarter scrimmage with Maryville and Alcoa just as an appetizer for the real game a week from Sunday.

That would be a great idea! I would love to come watch a quarter of Maryville and Alcoa.......That is dumb and ignorant. Back to the game that is being played and lets stop fantasizing about a Maryville and Alcoa one quarter scrimmage. Alcoa is bigger in size and numbers and its not even close. If you look at the two sidelines and knew nothing about the teams, one would guess that it will be a blowout. However, the way the Spartans play completley changes the game. I have never seen kids play as hard as Webb kids do. The majority of their players go both ways and play tough the entire game. I am not saying the Spartans are gonna come in there and win this game. But all the Alcoa fans that think this is gonna be a walk in the park are going to be suprised on Saturday night. Couple big plays by Todd Kelly Jr. and Aaron Blance, and we got ourselves a ball game.

This Alcoa fan doesn't anticipate a walk in the park. I believe, as others, the size, power and numbers will be hard for Webb to overcome, but these boys don't take anything for granted.

On another note, many Alcoa fans will be wearing pink to honor the William Blount student that died this week on her way home from school. Most will be wearing Alcoa "pink out" t-shirts from a previous season. Webb, Maryville and Cleveland fans are welcome to participate.

This Alcoa fan doesn't anticipate a walk in the park. I believe, as others, the size, power and numbers will be hard for Webb to overcome, but these boys don't take anything for granted.

On another note, many Alcoa fans will be wearing pink to honor the William Blount student that died this week on her way home from school. Most will be wearing Alcoa "pink out" t-shirts from a previous season. Webb, Maryville and Cleveland fans are welcome to participate.

This is GREAT!!!!