william blount vs central

governorsfan22

Central is in trouble this year after losing their All American that led them to a 1-9 record. Special Teams? Really? More like not so special teams. They couldn't line up last year in the special teams area. I don't know if they have a coach for that over there but they need to look into getting one.

I have wondered if the powers that be at Central have second guessed their decision to let Coach Helton go? It seems they have been in a downward spiral.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have wondered if the powers that be at Central have second guessed their decision to let Coach Helton go? It seems they have been in a downward spiral.

Helton's last few seasons weren't very good (rezoning didn't help), but he was definitely the glue that held that program together. Without him, things have really gotten ugly, and I don't see them getting better anytime soon. WB should cruise in this one.

From what I can tell, this week of practice has been good. These Cats don't quit. It should be a good game.

That's good to hear. And yes, it should be a good game. Sad to see what has happened to Central over the last 5 years or so. They just don't have the horses or the depth like they used to. Same problem at Halls.

Helton's last few seasons weren't very good (rezoning didn't help), but he was definitely the glue that held that program together. Without him, things have really gotten ugly, and I don't see them getting better anytime soon. WB should cruise in this one.

osunut2, who is now getting the talent that Central used to have? I know Helton's last two or three years were less than stellar, but as it looks to me, the team as a whole was never as down as it is now, they were still competitive with most of the teams on their schedule. Hate to see this happen to schools, but I guess everything moves in a cycle.

osunut2, who is now getting the talent that Central used to have? I know Helton's last two or three years were less than stellar, but as it looks to me, the team as a whole was never as down as it is now, they were still competitive with most of the teams on their schedule. Hate to see this happen to schools, but I guess everything moves in a cycle.

Powell has definitely been one of the rezoning beneficiaries. Probably more so than anyone else.

I agree, even in Helton's last few seasons, the Bobcats were better than they are now. What Central faces now is very similar to what Halls is also going through. Talent definitely comes in cycles everywhere. Plus, there just isn't a lot of growth in that part of Knoxville, which doesn't help. Where suburbs like Powell, Karns, Hardin Valley, Farragut, Gibbs/Corryton, Carter/Strawberry Plains, and South Doyle continue to grow outward (some faster than others), Central's zone is "land-locked" and a lot of the growth in Halls is actually in the Gibbs zone. Granted, there are plenty of exceptions to this (West, Fulton, AE), but I think it definitely plays a role in this case.

Edited by osunut2

Special teams play is the difference in this one. Central wins!

interesting...in their first game, WB's kicker hit every kick-off 5 to 10 yards deep into end zone ; perfect on pat's with each one disappearing deep into the night; same kid hits 40+ yd spirals on every punt; and the Govs returned a kick off 97 yards for a t.d.

also, the kicker is a field goal threat from 45 yards in ...