Maryville vs. Alcoa (Official ESPN2 Game Thread)

Red Rebels

Every fall...

for more than 80 years...

two communities with a common border...

engage in a battle!

Two nationally ranked powerhouses...

divided by a city limit sign...

for every dream realized...

a thousand dreams are broken.

A rivalry so compelling...

The story must be told...

This is Maryville vs. Alcoa Football!

maryville-tn.gifalcoa-tn.gif

This should be an excellent game. I would love to attend in person but I know that I'll never find a seat, so I'll be tuning-in to ESPN2 instead. Both of these teams are absolutely loaded. Alcoa is better this year than they were last year and I think that this may be one of Gary Rankin's best Tornado squads. I like Alcoa in a VERY close one.

This should be an excellent game. I would love to attend in person but I know that I'll never find a seat, so I'll be tuning-in to ESPN2 instead. Both of these teams are absolutely loaded. Alcoa is better this year than they were last year and I think that this may be one of Gary Rankin's best Tornado squads. I like Alcoa in a VERY close one.

Alcoa is goodbut no where near as good as the 2009 and 2010 teams. Those were the 2 best Alcoa teams ever bar none.

Close game IMO. Maryville's D-line and LB's must have a great game to limit Alcoa's ball control powder offense. If they do Maryville wins. If not it will be a challange. Alcoa's defense has to be much improved to limit the Webb wingT to one score.

Reynolds is by far one of the most biased officials Ive ever seen. How he always gets to ref Alcoa-Maryville games.....Ill honestly never know. However, I dont think he or any of the other officials are going to be much of a factor here. Alcoa still looks pretty one dimensional to me with the Phillip Fulmer run the ball every down offense. I know that's the bread and butter of the team and thats fine when you're playing Scott Co, Loudon or Cumberland Gap....its not going to cut it with Maryville though. GQ is not only the best coach in the state but he's also one of the best business men. Maryville will make sure it stays fairly close (cause 21+ pt blow out on National TV doesnt help you) but will still play typical Maryville football, keep a comfortable lead of 10-14 pts and quiet some of the "haters" it gets from people throughout the state/nation that says "they dont play anyone."