Maryville vs. Alcoa (Official ESPN2 Game Thread)

Red Rebels

It is true that not no passes (all sports passes, school employee passes, etc) are being accepted for this game?

I asked earlier in the week and they said yes, but now I am hearing no. Does someone know if it is true and why?

I am assuming it might have something to do with money?

I work for Maryville City Schools and for the last few years we have not been able to use our employee passes because Maryville/Alcoa schools split the gate for this game. We receive a email early in the week from GQ incase new employees do not know this. Im glad I have 4 reserved in the "Woooooo" section!

Couldn't agree more. I couldn't tell you how many times I've heard the AHS faithful on the field after a loss to MHS talking about how next

year is their year and how it doesn't mean anything to lose to such a much bigger school rather than just saying good game.

It is strange how little chatter their is from that bunch this year though...calm before the storm?

Funny, how quick some forget! Lol!!! Maryville fan was stating next year is our year after 09 and 10 seasons! Don't remember any Maryville fan telling Alcoa fan good game after getting it handed to them in 09. Anyway, good game, Maryville fan!!!! Lol!!!

Edited by F5seekshelter

Funny, how quick some forget! Lol!!! Maryville fan was stating next year is our year after 09 and 10 seasons! Don't remember any Maryville fan telling Alcoa fan good game after getting it handed to them in 09. Anyway, good game, Maryville fan!!!! Lol!!!

That's a load of crap , every Maryville fan on here congratulated Alcoa after their wins ... you're the one with a very selective memory . I remember very well how complimentary the Maryville fans were after that game ... I also remember how every time Maryville wins we get to hear how " We should win playing against that tiny little school " ! Of course Rankin is very quick to mention how much bigger Maryville is after any losses also , so I guess some of you guys are just following his example .

It is true that not no passes (all sports passes, school employee passes, etc) are being accepted for this game?

I asked earlier in the week and they said yes, but now I am hearing no. Does someone know if it is true and why?

I am assuming it might have something to do with money?

I was told that the last 3 years or so Alcoa/Maryville split all proceeds from gate and no passes are taken for this game.