Blackman @ Signal Mountain

MountainTroll

you know, I wanna tell ya, I've been feeling good about the Blaze. Been consulting with some AP pollsters - looks good! It looks good! Sat down with David Alsup and David Watson.. worked up a little ditty.

"Blackman is 7AAA

Signal are students!

Don't pick the eagles

Wouldn't be prudent!

Williams and Smotherman

Diggin' eagles a hole.

You heard me, and I'm in it

Blaze scorin' a point a minute!

Blaze not gonna lose

Not gonna do it!

Nah gah

Nah gah

Nah gah

Nah gah!

Not gonna do it

And I'm nah gah!

I say I'm not nah gah.."

george-bush-dana-carvey-tv-characters-photo-u1.jpg

Edited by StarRaider

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting ugly fast. 26-3 with 2:36 left in first half. Our receivers can't catch anything tonight.

You have to be able to run against a team like Blackman. That price man needs to re think his offensive game plans. Blackman is down this year. Thought you guys could beat them. Good luck in the 2nd half. Play good d and hope the offense picks it up

Congrads to Blackman...they needed a "W" after the thumping by the Stars...Blackman may be down a little this year...but this is still big boy ball in 7AAA!

Well I wouldn't brag too much about big boy ball. If it weren't for all the dropped passes this game would have been much closer. Blackmans enrollment is almost 2000 and SM's is just over 600. But go ahead and call it what you want, I was just glad to see our boys didn't back down.

Again if our receivers catch the ball it's a different game. Not saying we would have won but it would have been way closer.

Sorry Smeags, Blackman toyed with us tonight. Once they knew they could run on us at will, they were just trying to work on their passing game. Looks like there is a lot more work to be done, too. There were at least four passes that were good for TD's if the ball had been delivered properly and their receivers had caught the ball. Ours guys dropped the ball too, but they were usually in heavy traffic. Blackman's DB's really closed on the ball well. We didn't.

In the end, no way we could deal with Blackman's size, strength, and speed. Congratulations to the Blaze, they will also improve as the season progresses.

7AAA is big boy ball. Not many would dispute that. Hope we don't renew the series with Blackman, and I suspect they feel the same way. Even though they whipped us, I doubt they cared too much for the trip over Monteagle Mtn. And they brought a pitiful crowd. Probably weren't many more Blackman fans than there were players. We need better gates if we're gonna pay for the outhouses and a fieldhouse. Guess we'll see how things shape up with the re-classification.

Thought my Eagles looked good at times, but terrible at others. Fortunately, our district is weak enough that we should make it into the playoffs. If the guys can continue to improve over the next 6 weeks, we can play for a while in November. We got to get mean, though, and I just ain't seen it yet. Probably need to spend some more time on blocking, tackling, LB & DB drills. Do we have a speed coach?blush.png Ain't bein' ugly. Six weeks is a long time, and we got talent. Hope we use the time constructively. This is a good group of kids, and they will do well.

By the way, the grass looked great and the outhouse is first class. Know where I will be in the morning. e376a9c1.gif

Edited by MountainTroll

Signal should use some of that $3 per car parking money to pay for those new facilities!

Beautiful campus there at Signal - Great home crowd - Band and student section fired up (Im pretty sure I saw the bleachers on the home side flexing under the energy of their students and band) - QB throwing lasers (he is top notch by the way)

Signal should use some of that $3 per car parking money to pay for those new facilities!

Beautiful campus there at Signal - Great home crowd - Band and student section fired up (Im pretty sure I saw the bleachers on the home side flexing under the energy of their students and band) - QB throwing lasers (he is top notch by the way)

The band gets all the parking money, and they are a great band, but that is a little bit of a sore spot. I personally believe the parking money should be split with the boosters. jmo