Daniel Boone at Dobyns-Bennett

ArtVandalay

What 2 tough teams have u beat? West and???? Don't get me wrong about the 12 point spread... I noted " at least 12 " that meaning anything greater than 12 would not surprise me. Anyone who follows actual point lines and not just score ration knows that its very rare to see a 30+ point spread for a high school game ,when both teams are undefeated. I give DB all the credit for what they have done this year and how they have done it. They r def the best team in east TN possibly the state but that's why you play the game...any given nite any team can be beat. If the indians show up ready and not overlooking boone...i agree it will be ugly but i wouldnt be surprised if the get held to their lowest scoring game yet. Thoughts and prayers with The Cook family.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a battle of unbeatens and will be the first test of the year for the Blazers. The Indians are very fast. Boone will have to play their solid d and not allow Indians to get to the edge. If Boone can slow down the Indians rushing attack this will be a game. If not its over at the half. Boones physical ball control will be helpful but we do not want to get into a scoring match with the Indians. Boone is most likely at least a 12 point underdog but thats the way the.kids like it and when they play their best ball. I don't agree with them finishing 3rd in the big 8. Science hill is flashy but they are not near as physical. From what I have saw they are soft. The tribe does look to be the real deal this year. Should be a great game down in kingsport Friday night. I'm sure coach Clark is reminding his players about the last time Boone was down in kingsport. GO MIGHTY BLAZERS!!!

You mean reminding them that Chris Sensabaugh had a TD and another huge long run called back and the fact that DB recovered the late fumble that was not given to them after which Boone scored to go ahead? you mean the reminder of "Do not allow high school refs to decide this game!" Come on that was 3 years ago and the last 2 games have been total domination by DB. I believe order has been restored in the world.

This is a battle of unbeatens and will be the first test of the year for the Blazers. The Indians are very fast. Boone will have to play their solid d and not allow Indians to get to the edge. If Boone can slow down the Indians rushing attack this will be a game. If not its over at the half. Boones physical ball control will be helpful but we do not want to get into a scoring match with the Indians. Boone is most likely at least a 12 point underdog but thats the way the.kids like it and when they play their best ball. I don't agree with them finishing 3rd in the big 8. Science hill is flashy but they are not near as physical. From what I have saw they are soft. The tribe does look to be the real deal this year. Should be a great game down in kingsport Friday night. I'm sure coach Clark is reminding his players about the last time Boone was down in kingsport. GO MIGHTY BLAZERS!!!

Weren't you guys in a fight with Elizabethton in week 0??? The Cherokee and Volunteer wins weren't exactly runaway wins, either. The only team db has handled this year is Happy Valley.

Ask Greeneville and Morristown West about Science Hill's physicality.

In any case, DB wins this one easily.

You mean reminding them that Chris Sensabaugh had a TD and another huge long run called back and the fact that DB recovered the late fumble that was not given to them after which Boone scored to go ahead? you mean the reminder of "Do not allow high school refs to decide this game!" Come on that was 3 years ago and the last 2 games have been total domination by DB. I believe order has been restored in the world.

Probably the most important factor in that game 3 years ago was a certain ref that lives in the area and is a well known "DB" hater. A ref that has made this statement in public "If I ever get the chance to cause DB to lose a game I'll do it". That certian ref was in on most if not all of those bad calls. I can't say Boone would of lost had he not been there but I bet he would.

Probably the most important factor in that game 3 years ago was a certain ref that lives in the area and is a well known "DB" hater. A ref that has made this statement in public "If I ever get the chance to cause DB to lose a game I'll do it". That certian ref was in on most if not all of those bad calls. I can't say Boone would of lost had he not been there but I bet he would.

Officials having this sort of personal agenda is prevalent in TSSAA. I come across all of the time as I work other sports (I don't work football, but know several who do). At times, I'm embarrassed to be counted among the TSSAA officiating ranks.

Officials having this sort of personal agenda is prevalent in TSSAA. I come across all of the time as I work other sports (I don't work football, but know several who do). At times, I'm embarrassed to be counted among the TSSAA officiating ranks.

In the three states where I have been involved, the TSSAA officials are, BY FAR, the worst officials I have ever seen. Never seen an area that would allow a man to ref a game for the school his kids attend until moving here.

In the three states where I have been involved, the TSSAA officials are, BY FAR, the worst officials I have ever seen. Never seen an area that would allow a man to ref a game for the school his kids attend until moving here.

The problem in uppereast TN is that where DB does have a lot of fans,a whole lot more just can't stand them.Refs are human and if you have a dishonest one,it's going to come out at very bad times.You can call holding on every play and not look impartial.I brought it up because it was a fact in the last game at DB.If Boone can come to J Fred and beat DB straight up,I'll be the first to congratulate them.I don't have any friends getting married or divorced this coming week,so I won't be congratulating anyone outside of Sullivan or Greene counties.