Maryville @ Oak Ridge

tnchad1980

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or does anyone feel Blades was taking a huge risk of injury to one of his starters by keeping them in a game that was out of reach. Or maybe he doesn't have confidence his team will get to see Maryville again! I lost a lot of respect for Blades as a coach that has his players best interest in mind.

It is also clear that Oak Ridge's starters would beat Maryville's second team.

Congrats to Maryville on the win. Looks like they are getting better every week. I really thought this would have been a better game. I didn't get home until halftime and the game was already over. I thought OR looked better with #6 at QB, #10 is a great athlete, but the team may be better with him at receiver. These two teams will should meet again in the playoffs, but I don't see a different outcome. For the remarks about losing respect for Blade for leaving starters in, come on, he seems to be a class act, his team had taken it on the chin, and he was just trying to take something positive out of the game. I don't see anyone left on the schedule to challenge Maryville from here on out. Can't wait til the playoffs and possible matchup between D-B and Maryville. Hope there were no injuries to either side, 2 really classy programs. Good luck the rest of the season.