Bruce Lussier on the Hot Seat?

mustachiomenace

The clearing house ? does decide the maximum that a family will qualify for.....then the school will decide whether or not to award to the maximum or less or none.

I agree that all private have learned the importance of marketing the school - and having a good product to sell - but we are not talking here about normal marketing - we are discussing specific recruiting of athletes.

The model that Ensworth is using is basically the same as BA has done for years.

No student at BA gets the max...the family has to contribute. Can't say that about other financial aid based schools on their policies.

Twing....Why is the TSSAA ignoring this blatant Recruiting in your opinion?

Are they still Shellshocked from BA lawsuit?

ALl Private schools recruit. DO not let them tell you differently. All private schools give some form of financial aid. Playing in DII levels the playing field. This is more about Ryan and it's inability to keep the kids in there feeder program and a coach and administration that just does not give a darn. The school needs a new direction and it is unable to see past there growing nose to get it

The TSSAA has neither the money or the manpower to investigate possible violators among DII privates. The only time that they will look into a situation is when there is a definite paper trail (like there was at MBA 2 years ago) or when it is public. If the TSSAA wanted to go by the letter of the rule, it could catch all of these schools - but much of what is done (in recruiting) is very subtle and maybe not really against the rules - but maybe against the spirit of the rules. But to me, who cares? if BA or MBA or Ensworth or any good private offers an opportunity for a kid who can help the school (athletically or academically or in any other way) and the kid is a good kid - then its a win - win deal.

• Upvote 1

ALl Private schools recruit. DO not let them tell you differently. All private schools give some form of financial aid. Playing in DII levels the playing field. This is more about Ryan and it's inability to keep the kids in there feeder program and a coach and administration that just does not give a darn. The school needs a new direction and it is unable to see past there growing nose to get it

Director P, The one thing you are forgetting, most all good public schools programs recruit as well. Is there a reason a high % of the good Knoxville football players end up in the area around the airport, when it is very unpopulated? A Georgia school in the Chattanooga area is deep in thep playoffs and have several kids from Tennessee on the team. In an interview after the game, one of the players said "I'm glad the coach recruited me down here". So don't think recruiting is subject only to private schools and really it is too much to monitor anyways. Since the private schools play in their own league l'm not sure why it even matters.

Loves,

The problem is everyone does it. But the public schools kicked the private schools out because of financial aid. So, who cares? What I am saying is. Quit complaining about it. Stand up and fight for what is right. The integrity of the school. This is more about Bruce Lussier and his inability to win games and keep his feeder schools from going to other schools. He has done a very poor job.

Think about it, these kids aren't living in the past, they're living now. And most of them want to know what you can do for them not the other way around. Get some good athletes and Ryan will be back on the map. Don't know how you do this but you all seem to have all the answers so have a go at it.