Bruce Lussier on the Hot Seat?

mustachiomenace

It's very tough to go D1 as an athlete when a bad coach can't make a recruiting video. Check mate there. Obviously something was going for Dooley if UT hire him. But why do you care if Ryan keeps Bruce so much? Do you have a crush on the man?

Nope, just proving some points,which i have..And i am right, which is why you resort to childish behavior..As you just did with your last comment..Because that's all you can muster up to say in return..

Nope, just proving some points,which i have..And i am right, which is why you resort to childish behavior..As you just did with your last comment..Because that's all you can muster up to say in return..

'SweetScience' I’m not really sure what you’re trying to get at here. Because on one hand your saying Bruce is a really good coach then you make excuses for him for his losing seasons at Father Ryan. The only reason he had a good of record as he did at Oak Ridge because of the coach he took over the great Joe Gaddis one of the best high school coaches ever. Don’t you think it would be easy for someone to come in and take over for Quarles at Maryville or Bowers at Ensworth and have a winning record? I’m sure “Beagleboy†(from page 2) a follow fan from Oak ridge would agree with my comments. So I think that point is invalid. Next you say that Father Ryan doesn’t have the athletes that the other schools have. And so I say to that, doesn’t a good coach go out and recruit football players (and don’t give me any BS about private schools not recruiting). There are catholic kids that played in parochial leagues that are on BA, MBA and Ensworth’s teams right now. And some of those kids are D1 athletes. A good coach would be getting the catholic kids that go to catholic middle schools to go to a catholic school like they used to. So every excuse you make for Lussier is really invalid when you think about it.

My response to this is Ryan fired Robert Jemison after 3 years because they didn't win. Why are they so inclined to give Lussier all these years? He has not proven anything at Ryan. I don't want to hear that he doesn't have the talen. Bull. He has a lot of talented kids they are just not being coached. While your head coach is your leader, you have to hold some fault with the assistants too that these kids aren't being coached up. In 1997, Ryan won the state. Gave the worst defeat Carlton Flatt had seen at his field 34 to 0. Ryan did not have one football scholarship athlete on that team that year. They played because they were coached well (Kurt Page, Jack Pittman, Robert Jemison, Pat Simpson, etc.) and they played with guts and heart. Ryan has lost that enthusiasm and they need a strong leader as well as an X's and O's guy to compete in this Division II league. I hope they can find it because it makes the league so much better by having more than just a couple of good teams.

• 1 month later...

In 8 years at Ryan, Lussiter is 1-5 vs. Baylor, 2-4 vs. McCallie, 0-10 vs. MBA, 1-7 vs. BA, and 1-6 vs. Ensworth. I don't know what your definition of competitive is ? What I have written above is not competitive. I don't have anything against Lussiter or their coaching staff. Father Ryan doesn't have the athletes that BA, MBA, Ensworth has.

• 6 months later...