Bruce Lussier on the Hot Seat?

mustachiomenace

I know you're on a roll here so i don't want to let any facts get in the way so my apologies for stating a couple of things - there is not 1 student at BA who is "bussed in" nor is there one student at BA who gets "free tuition" nor has anyone from BA gone into middle schools to "recruit" kids - i know you like to think so but i'm pretty sure i'm closer to all of this than you are. And by the way, can't think of more than maybe 2 or possibly 3 starters on this fall's football team who live outside of a 15-20 minute drive to school - exact same commute as my kid and we live in the eastern side of B-wood. anyway - sorry for the interruption

Pearls before swine, dude. No need for evidence or proof, because everyone knows.

• Upvote 1

Think about it, these kids aren't living in the past, they're living now. And most of them want to know what you can do for them not the other way around. Get some good athletes and Ryan will be back on the map. Don't know how you do this but you all seem to have all the answers so have a go at it.

So a lack of athletes is the problem? Sorry Bro but I think it's a bit more than that. "Athletes" are quitting the team because of disrespect towards the coach and the way he interacts with them. The coach is not the only problem, but he is a major portion of it. Where is mustachiomence? Bring us back on track

• Upvote 1

Never said the athletes at the purple school are "better". Just said they won't play for the coach. Well wouldn't you rather be 7-3 than 3-7? Father Ryan may not be a state champion football program, but where they are is unacceptable. I heard Nick Saban was interviewing for the job there though. That would make things interesting dontcha think?

Pat Simpson seems to have no problem making "my" athletes state champions. Check "your" facts on athlete quality sir.

Bruce Lussier went 62-14 at Oak Ridge as our head coach from 1999-2004. "His" team, which Stanton Stevens coached, but i still call it his team went to the 2005 State Championship game. Before he was the HC, he was an outstanding DC @ OR for YEARS. Even the DC coordinator on a state title team in 1991. The man can coach AND win IF given the talent. Bear Bryant once said "As a coach you are only as good as the players that you have playing for you" That's not the exact quote, but in similar wording. Take it from someone who played under him. Me. I have the utmost respect for the man, and it's disheartening to come on here and read all of the negative comments about him. The only reason he is @ FR is because of his son. His son came down with cancer a few years back, so he took the job and left Oak Ridge because his son lives in the greater Nashville area to be closer to him. He is a good man with character and morals. No one that i know of in this city (Oak Ridge) has anything bad to say about him, including Bounder, who is a fellow OR fan defending him in this thread. Maybe you guys shouldn't be so quick to judge someone before you know the full story and know someone personally. Unfortunately in this world, you cannot please everyone. I respect the heck outta Bruce Lussier. I'd be more than happy to have him back at Oak Ridge if y'all wanna let go of him.

Edited by SweetScience

No Father Ryan closed down.

There must be another Bruce Lussier. If you played for the same Bruce Lussier today, then you wouldn't have the same feelings. You should read the post on page 3, obviously you were one of the few who still wanted him around. You can certainly have him back if Oak Ridge wants him badly enough.

Edited by shewantstheD

No Father Ryan closed down.

There must be another Bruce Lussier. If you played for the same Bruce Lussier today, then you wouldn't have the same feelings. You should read the post on page 3, obviously you were one of the few who still wanted him around. You can certainly have him back if Oak Ridge wants him badly enough.

Sure, send him our way. Thanks, bro.

Sure, send him our way. Thanks, bro.

Sounds like mommy's little boy didn't get to start at QB here Sweet .... lol :mrgreen:

Sort of like when a coach I know had the Gall to start a 6'2" Athletic , rifle armed , eventual DI QB over a 5'9" 150lb , non athletic , noodle armed boy ... of course mommy and daddy had a lot of money and friends so they eventually got the Coach to leave .... but not until that other QB had broken every passing record in that school's history .... seriously , it always cracks me up when I see a poster talking about a coach not having the Parent's support ..... cause it's almost 99% of the time the parents of little johnny who has always been a Star in their eyes .

Edited by pepvol

How many players has Father Ryan sent D1 recently?

How bout them Vols pep? Derek Dooley fired because he couldn't produce wins? Dooley did decent at LA Tech (Bruce at Oak Ridge) but failed to compete in the SEC (Bruce at Ryan).

LOL, you just confirmed what i just said. Bruce has ZERO talent...How about you go coach them since you have all the answers there budroe? Very easy to sit back behind a keyboard and berate somebody. Why don't you apply for the job if you can do any better? It's pretty simple. And Dooley was decent at La Tech? He was 17-23 there. That is not decent last i checked lol.. You just lost all credibility with your posts. Thanks for proving me right. Wow, your too easy.

Edited by SweetScience