Top Ten DI Teams?

csemary

Just because I know the kids, I think a lot of you are sleeping on Walker Valley. WV actually has 7 state qualifiers and a State Placer, one of the seven didnt qualify last year but did the year before.This should be the best team they have had. Wilson Central could be the #3 team this year

I am sticking with my WV pick for now, Cordova went from a three way tie for 25th two years ago to 8th last year. It can happen with a lot of returning starters. Other posts made some good points on Nashville teams (Indy, Brentwood, Ravenwood and others) .

I think WV should see significant improvement this year v. last year's finish at 22nd. I have known several of the kids since they were in short pants and call their parents friends. I just couldn't figure out how they could get to 5th. However, a finish in the 10-14 range would be about a 50% improvement and something the program could be very proud of.

1- Cleveland

2- Soddy

3- Wilson Central

4- Beech

5- Bradley

6- Ravenwood

7- Indy

8- Heritage

9- Cordova

10- Franklin

Beech will surprise some this teams this year and pull some big upsets.

Always, be mindful of Bradley and Ravenwood though beech will have to wrestle there best to do this.

Edited by iknowmorethanyou

I agree Coach Morris will have a tough squad. Besides Caleb, who could win WV first state title, only Raulston and Micah scored points for the Mustangs last year. I have much love the Morris clan and it's a matter of time before they are consistently at the top.

I know Hammrick-120 won as well as Miller at 220 (beat us last year). But looking at this year, Middle TN appears to be very strong. I know Blackman lost some guys but Coach Bray will have his guys in the hunt when all is said and done.

It’s funny how some of the teams on these lists seem to be placed in positions according to how loud they tooted their own horn. Not many do this for Clarksville High so I guess I’ll try and remind everyone that they still exist. Clarksville High has won their region individual and duals tournament for at least the last 15yrs straight. They have placed in the state duals for 11 of the last 15 years and when they didn’t place they were a match back. They’ve won the state duals and have been in the state dual finals match 4 times. They have 5 returning qualifiers and 2 returning placers. They will receive technique instruction every day from an NCAA DIV 1 national champion. How many other high schools will receive instruction each day from an NCAA DIV 1 champion? For that matter how many college wrestlers in this state will receive instruction each day from an NCAA DIV 1 champion? While they don’t send a lot of guys to National Tournaments to go two and out, I can assure you they are still working. A lot of tradition in this program and they do not plan on that changing just because of the retirement of a hall of fame coach.

Clarksville has and with new personnel will continue to be tough. With that being said they lost 6 seniors, two horses with Isbell and Jordan. They return 4 state qualifiers and two of those are medalist. I think that Clarksville will be very competitive but will need to fill a lot of weights to match thier previous success. That being said I think Wiggins, Crane, and Bruno could be finalist in the right weight, and if they do they could climb the ladder at the individual state tournament.