Top Ten DI Teams?

csemary

It’s funny how some of the teams on these lists seem to be placed in positions according to how loud they tooted their own horn. Not many do this for Clarksville High so I guess I’ll try and remind everyone that they still exist. Clarksville High has won their region individual and duals tournament for at least the last 15yrs straight. They have placed in the state duals for 11 of the last 15 years and when they didn’t place they were a match back. They’ve won the state duals and have been in the state dual finals match 4 times. They have 5 returning qualifiers and 2 returning placers. They will receive technique instruction every day from an NCAA DIV 1 national champion. How many other high schools will receive instruction each day from an NCAA DIV 1 champion? For that matter how many college wrestlers in this state will receive instruction each day from an NCAA DIV 1 champion? While they don’t send a lot of guys to National Tournaments to go two and out, I can assure you they are still working. A lot of tradition in this program and they do not plan on that changing just because of the retirement of a hall of fame coach.

I know first hand how tough Clarksville is.. even after losing all those "studs", and a superp coach. I still have them in my top ten rankings. Copied from another post.

Let me take a stab at it.

1.Cleveland

2.Soddy Daisy

3.Bradley

4.Ravenwood

5.Wilson central

6.Clarksville

7.Science Hill

8.Indy

9.Cordova

10.Heritage

10. Beech

10.Walker Valley

I agree Coach Morris will have a tough squad. Besides Caleb, who could win WV first state title, only Raulston and Micah scored points for the Mustangs last year. I have much love the Morris clan and it's a matter of time before they are consistently at the top.

Oh sly and the guy who looks like my bro-blackman... Are working hard and clearly will be a completive team with #'s 3-12... Ravenwood, Indy, Franklin, Clarksville and Blackman will be close in duals... but this young Blackman is extremely tough in the individually providing the top 8 stays healthy.

I'm not hearing much bout Centennial lately ...what's their outlook?

Morrisette

Oliver

Cook

Hall

Isbell

Jordan

These were the six seniors Clarksville lost. TSSAA may have grades wrong.

I know that the usual off season weight lifting continues, except Clarksville's mat time increased with new-full time coaching now. Yes, a multiple NCAA AA (2001-2005) with One at Top for Iowa + the New Head coach, who has whipped several top D1's himself (80's & 90's) gives these purple Wildcats a huge advantage... One thing Garrick Hall knows is his former Hixson Wildcat teammate came back to help win their first team championship since Gordon Connell was there. ++ that was the year Hixson upset Defending State champs Soddy in Region 4!!

Boss.. I must ask... How did the blue raider boys of today stack up to the group Clarksville's new coach had at Hixson 4-5 years ago?

Clarksville will arrive at the usual top 3-5!! They actually may be the top 2 considering points scored by their own feeder boys!

106- Pelky

120- Allen

126- Overton (think he missed state last year but has qualified before last year)

145- Wilson

160- Scara

195- Venuti missed qualifying last year but was ranked in the top 5 all year was up 13 when got caught and pinned by the Antioch 95 who made the semis.

So that's 5 returning qualifiers with 1 who didn't but was capable of placing.

I know that the usual off season weight lifting continues, except Clarksville's mat time increased with new-full time coaching now. Yes, a multiple NCAA AA (2001-2005) with One at Top for Iowa + the New Head coach, who has whipped several top D1's himself (80's & 90's) gives these purple Wildcats a huge advantage... One thing Garrick Hall knows is his former Hixson Wildcat teammate came back to help win their first team championship since Gordon Connell was there. ++ that was the year Hixson upset Defending State champs Soddy in Region 4!!

Boss.. I must ask... How did the blue raider boys of today stack up to the group Clarksville's new coach had at Hixson 4-5 years ago?

Clarksville will arrive at the usual top 3-5!! They actually may be the top 2 considering points scored by their own feeder boys!

Huh? This Cleveland team would beat any hixson team from the last 25 years by 40+ points. Not even close