Top Ten DI Teams?

csemary

Time to throw a top 10 AAA list out there:

1. Cleveland - Can't see a weakness from start to finish. Well coached and many wrestlers working hard in the offseason.

2. Soddy Daisy - Tons of talent and they just reload each year when spots come open.

3. Wilson Central - Every tournament I watched in the offseason had WC kids wrestling in it. Hard work is paying off.

4. Bradley Central - Take it back up a notch this year but they have a gap to still close in their region.

5. Ravenwood - They keep churning out solid teams and know what it takes to get deep in the tourney.

6. Independence - If they have solid leadership they have a solid lineup.

7. Heritage - Another team that had a ton of kids working hard in the offseason. Strong youth program will start showing more and more.

8. Beech - Team has talent and grit. They keep it close the hwt can close dual matches.

9. Franklin - Solid lineup that could make some noise.

10. Blackman - Has the coach to keep them near the top and some scrappy kids.

Any thoughts on A-AA teams? I will put 6 out there:

1. Pigeon Forge - Two key losses in the upper weights but the coach has plenty of ammo.

2. Chattanooga Central - Can't count them out.

3. Hixson - Always there in the mix.

4. Eagleville - Good base of wrestlers.

5. Greeneville - Should take a step back up.

6. Stone Memorial - Developed into a solid program.

Time to throw a top 10 AAA list out there:

1. Cleveland - Can't see a weakness from start to finish. Well coached and many wrestlers working hard in the offseason.

2. Soddy Daisy - Tons of talent and they just reload each year when spots come open.

3. Wilson Central - Every tournament I watched in the offseason had WC kids wrestling in it. Hard work is paying off.

4. Bradley Central - Take it back up a notch this year but they have a gap to still close in their region.

5. Ravenwood - They keep churning out solid teams and know what it takes to get deep in the tourney.

6. Independence - If they have solid leadership they have a solid lineup.

7. Heritage - Another team that had a ton of kids working hard in the offseason. Strong youth program will start showing more and more.

8. Beech - Team has talent and grit. They keep it close the hwt can close dual matches.

9. Franklin - Solid lineup that could make some noise.

10. Blackman - Has the coach to keep them near the top and some scrappy kids.

Any thoughts on A-AA teams? I will put 6 out there:

1. Pigeon Forge - Two key losses in the upper weights but the coach has plenty of ammo.

2. Chattanooga Central - Can't count them out.

3. Hixson - Always there in the mix.

4. Eagleville - Good base of wrestlers.

5. Greeneville - Should take a step back up.

6. Stone Memorial - Developed into a solid pro

The terms "tons of talent" combined with "just reload" does a real dis-service to Soddy. It minimizes the fact that Coach Henry and co. spent nearly 3 decades developing a total program which pays dividends consistently. There is no magic wand in Soddy Daisy. A good plan for a total program. Nothing less.

The terms "tons of talent" combined with "just reload" does a real dis-service to Soddy. It minimizes the fact that Coach Henry and co. spent nearly 3 decades developing a total program which pays dividends consistently. There is no magic wand in Soddy Daisy. A good plan for a total program. Nothing less.

DaisyMay, I agree with you regarding Soddy Daisy and what Steve Henry has done. But I disagree that it does Soddy a dis-service. I think it's a compliment to their program because we all know that it takes years of hard work, organizing and developing a program that allows for "reloading with tons of talent." I think Soddy and Cleveland will be the at the top this year and it will be interesting to see how these two teams will match up in a dual meet.

Case & Point... At one time BC could have a down year with 8 medalists graduating and by seasons end Mr. Logsdon would have a top 1st or 2nd finish (usually 1st). He knows to this day he could reload with his nearly untapped feeder program with "now" coach of Walker Vally @ the helm. Now with Cleveland's draw & support (facilities) and their added High School in WV... It's more in line with Williamson &Rutherford co.... Except the community awareness....

... but these mid Tn areas are still working on building a similar rich wrestling traditions like Bradley, Hamiliton and No. Ga have since the 50's, 60's, 70's. The arrival of knepper, Kremer, GRINDSTAFF (centennial's antioch's coach's) and our coach Bray has helped along with the years of oddo, Peck, Gabriel, Drinkwine, Brewster, Gillespie, and outside of these areas Artie Manning's support and of course the Simpsons haven't hurt ( many missed I know!!!)

• Upvote 1

Having tons of talent and being able to reload doesn't happen by accident or chance. Being able to do that is actually a compliment to the coaching staff and program. Good wrestlers just don't grow on trees. They come from good programs that start at the youth level. So calm down as no one was insulting Soddy or your former head coach.

So is Cleveland wrestling Christian Brothers, Baylor, Father Ryan, McCallie or MBA this year? It would be great to see them all compete against each other. I know they have someof those teams go to their dual tourney but wasn't sure if cleveland ever wrestles the better private schools. Either way it will be fun to see if they live up to all of this hype. Gotta love the preseason trash talking...

So is Cleveland wrestling Christian Brothers, Baylor, Father Ryan, McCallie or MBA this year? It would be great to see them all compete against each other. I know they have someof those teams go to their dual tourney but wasn't sure if cleveland ever wrestles the better private schools. Either way it will be fun to see if they live up to all of this hype. Gotta love the preseason trash talking...

Cleveland usually sees most of those teams if memory serves me correctly. Nearly all of them have been at the Cleveland Duals in the past.

The pools / bracketing usually work out so that Cleveland and CBHS see each other at the Cleveland Duals and I think both teams enjoy that arrangement.

Last year both Cleveland and CBHS were at the GP West at Brentwood. I know it is on CBHS's schedule this year but not sure about Cleveland.

Case & Point... At one time BC could have a down year with 8 medalists graduating and by seasons end Mr. Logsdon would have a top 1st or 2nd finish (usually 1st). He knows to this day he could reload with his nearly untapped feeder program with "now" coach of Walker Vally @ the helm. Now with Cleveland's draw & support (facilities) and their added High School in WV... It's more in line with Williamson &Rutherford co.... Except the community awareness....

I find it interesting that you have intimate knowledge of what Coach Logsdon "knows". However, I must admit, reading your posts is like a car wreck. I don't want to look but I just can't stop myself and always wish I had.

Edited by taketop

NO DOG HERE.... Perhaps your assumption that Turbo is transferring to Red Bank makes more sense and was no more than a fender bender? I have personally heard the legman's appreciation of the Morris machine's impact on BC's ability to reload & immediate success prior to taking over WV.

Is this the ol brickhousechick alias?