who is the best player in tennessee right now?

iknowmorethanyou

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree vehemently to that statement for both Mr. Hurd and Mr. Dodson.

No offense meant by that statement but it would be ridiclous to argue that fact. DIi is like small college fotball. They should be better since they can give "financial" aide. Its no knock against the other divisions. Look back at Ensworth or Baylor or Brentwood schedules and see if they have played any of the top public school teams and how they faired. I know Baylor played the 4a champs a year or two ago Columbia Central and blew them off the field. it looked like men playing middle schoolers. here is an example of someones post on another thread. These are just the players from the past few years from Brentwood Academy that signed dI scholarships. Its scary how good some of these teams are. This one team has kis at Notre dame, Usc, V, tech, Stanford, bama ectt.. Thats who Corn Elder plays against every week.

Jalen Ramsey, '13, #11 player overall nationally, USC commit; Graham Shuler, 12, #21 OT nationally, Stanford; Alex Bullard, 09, #15 OT nationally, signed with Notre Dame; Chris Jordan, '08, #22 Athlete nationally, Alabama; Mike Berry, 06', #15 OG nationally, Auburn; Max Staver, '13, #32 pro-style quarterback nationally, Florida; Al Thompson, '12, WR, originally verbal with Arizona or Arizona State, signed with Chattanooga; Woody Baron, '12, DE, Virginia Tech; Derek King, '11, ATH, Vanderbilt; Thad McHaney, '10, #43 TE nationally, Vanderbilt; AJ Greene, '06, #50 DE nationally, Auburn; Ryan Carrethers, '09, DL, Arkansas State; Nathan Renfro, 11, K, Maryland; Jabaree McKissack, '08, LB, Navy; William Beaird, '11, DB, Navy; Joshua Tate, '10, RB, Navy...

No offense meant by that statement but it would be ridiclous to argue that fact. DIi is like small college fotball. They should be better since they can give "financial" aide. Its no knock against the other divisions. Look back at Ensworth or Baylor or Brentwood schedules and see if they have played any of the top public school teams and how they faired. I know Baylor played the 4a champs a year or two ago Columbia Central and blew them off the field. it looked like men playing middle schoolers. here is an example of someones post on another thread. These are just the players from the past few years from Brentwood Academy that signed dI scholarships. Its scary how good some of these teams are. This one team has kis at Notre dame, Usc, V, tech, Stanford, bama ectt.. Thats who Corn Elder plays against every week.

Jalen Ramsey, '13, #11 player overall nationally, USC commit; Graham Shuler, 12, #21 OT nationally, Stanford; Alex Bullard, 09, #15 OT nationally, signed with Notre Dame; Chris Jordan, '08, #22 Athlete nationally, Alabama; Mike Berry, 06', #15 OG nationally, Auburn; Max Staver, '13, #32 pro-style quarterback nationally, Florida; Al Thompson, '12, WR, originally verbal with Arizona or Arizona State, signed with Chattanooga; Woody Baron, '12, DE, Virginia Tech; Derek King, '11, ATH, Vanderbilt; Thad McHaney, '10, #43 TE nationally, Vanderbilt; AJ Greene, '06, #50 DE nationally, Auburn; Ryan Carrethers, '09, DL, Arkansas State; Nathan Renfro, 11, K, Maryland; Jabaree McKissack, '08, LB, Navy; William Beaird, '11, DB, Navy; Joshua Tate, '10, RB, Navy...

I would like to see Ensworth, MBA or BA or any other top private play a top 5-6AAA program.There is a big difference between 5-6AAA. I think the privates would be suprised at how well the top public schools play them. Just my opinion; but I think any of the semi finalists in 6AAA ( Maryville, Riverdale, White Haven and Mt Juliet ) last year could have more than held their own last year against Ensworth or Baylor. Dodson and Hurd are every bit as good as Elder. They all have different running styles. Elder with shiftiness; Dodson with pure speed and Hurd with power.

Wish the privates and the 5-6AAA did play in the playoffs ! What games we would have.

I would like to see Ensworth, MBA or BA or any other top private play a top 5-6AAA program.There is a big difference between 5-6AAA. I think the privates would be suprised at how well the top public schools play them. Just my opinion; but I think any of the semi finalists in 6AAA ( Maryville, Riverdale, White Haven and Mt Juliet ) last year could have more than held their own last year against Ensworth or Baylor. Dodson and Hurd are every bit as good as Elder. They all have different running styles. Elder with shiftiness; Dodson with pure speed and Hurd with power.

Wish the privates and the 5-6AAA did play in the playoffs ! What games we would have.

\\

Big difference bewteen 5-6AAA and 4 AAA. No disrespect to 4 AAA.

Again 411, I disagree with a vengence to level of competition to which these individuals have competed against to date. I'm not going to get into central Tennessee recruits from 5A and 6A schools who are playing major D1 ball to whom Mr. Hurd has competed against, I will leave that to someone who is more familiar with that area. But from the City of Memphis, from which Mr. Dodson has competed against there have been these players who have either recently verbally committed or they have recently signed and are now currenlty paying for some college.

Cordale Boyd, 12, DT, University of Arkansas, Brandon Lewis, 12, DE, University of Arkansas, Jaylen Walton, 12, RB, Ole Miss (Has already scored 3 TD's as a true freshman), Sheldon Dawson, 12, ATH, University of Georgia, Brian Kimbrow, 12, RB, Vanderbilt University (playing as a true freshman), Will Redmond, 12, DB, Miss. State University, Latarius Brady, 12, OL, University of Memphis, Kellen Bruce, 12, DT, Missouri State University, Gregory Buckhanon, 12, DL, Arkansas State, Nathan Cole, 12, WR, University of Cinncinatti, Will Gross, 12, QB, University of Memphis. Those were just from last year alone.

This year in Memphis there have 17 verbals to colleges nationwide from football players who play in the Memphis area. The list is as follows: (Remember ... these are just the CURRENT .... V E R B A L S) ... Many more will commit after the season is over. But this alone more then PROVES my point.

Memphis East = 4 [Cedric Jones (WR) - Toledo, Herbert Moore (OL) - UCLA, Christian Morris (DL) - Ole Miss, Marcus Robinson (LB) - Arkansas]

Whitehaven = 3 [Mark Dodson (RB) - Ole Miss, Gerald Perry (WR) - Vandy, Darrius Sims (DB) - Vandy]

Memphis Central = 2 [Frank Herron (DE) - LSU, Latevius Rayford (WR) - Vandy]

MUS = 2 [Ford Howell (LB) - Wake Forest, Marquez Lanton (WR) - Ark. State]

Harding Academy = 2 [Zach Collins (OL) - Memphis, Mack Weaver (DE) - Vandy]

White Station - 1 [Jason Carr (DE) - Tennessee]

Ridgeway = 1 [Lenard Harden (LB) - Memphis]

Evangelical Christian = 1 [Walker Jones (LB) - Alabama]

St. Benedict = 1 [Jordan Wilkins (RB) - Auburn]

Of the schools mentioned above, Mr. Dodson's team has already played against White Station and Ridgeway. They have yet to play against Memphis East and Memphis Central.

Look 411 ... You are just wrong about the level of competiton. You just ARE!

Edited by kwc

From a person that has watched plenty of football over the years (5-6AAA) and (D2 - AA), there is not a significant difference between either of these division's powerhouse teams. While people may want to believe this, it is not so. If you remember correctly, Maryville was the top ranked team in the state last year (in any classification), and I would have certainly put my money on them rather than an Ensworth. They were just that strong!

Well according to the recruiting agencies it's jalen Ramsey from Brentwood academy. He is the only 5 star recruit in the state and the number one ranked player out of TN. 11 nationally .. Plays d back as well as wide receiver.. Probably one of the most versatile athletes to play high school football in the state in some time.

Well according to the recruiting agencies it's jalen Ramsey from Brentwood academy. He is the only 5 star recruit in the state and the number one ranked player out of TN. 11 nationally .. Plays d back as well as wide receiver.. Probably one of the most versatile athletes to play high school football in the state in some time.

Actually, Jalen Hurd is rated 5* by 24/7 sports. Rated the #1 RB in the country for 2014.