who is the best player in tennessee right now?

iknowmorethanyou

Oh same reason why I think Jalen Hurd is a better player. He is SEC size to play running back while Elder would need to put on some weight. I think Jalen Hurd is the real deal, I really want to see him play in the orange and white in the future.

I couldnt agree more, he will put on 15-20 pounds in college which will put him at 6'3 225-230 and wont lose anything, that size w/ his skill set and he will be a beast on the next level.....

Edited by Kevin38

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll answer your question like this... I don't think the QB play of Timmarious "T-Money" Mitchell was a problem more so than untimely/suspect play calling during Crunch time of big games was.

In the State Title game against Maryville last season Mark Dodson got less than 15 touches I do believe. icon_eek.gif

In the Semi-Final game against Smyrna an untimely pass play call was our undoing, after Dodson had just broke a big run no less... icon_e_confused.gif

I was going to TRY to give a diplomatic Answer, but I can't. #17, Timmarious was a good QB for us. I really enjoyed watching his development from a Freshman to his Senior season. Drew Reed is good, D@MN Near Great, but Mark Dodson aka Mark Jr. is irreplaceable for Whitehaven.

He Had 15 carries while we had 35 Pass Attempts

I couldnt agree more, he will put on 15-20 pounds in college which will put him at 6'3 225-230 and wont lose anything, that size w/ his skill set and he will be a beast on the next level.....

I still haven't seen the highlights of this guy, but I'll say it like this, If ALABAMA WANTS HIM, then I bet BAMA will get him!

I still haven't seen the highlights of this guy, but I'll say it like this, If ALABAMA WANTS HIM, then I bet BAMA will get him!

I disagree. AL is recruiting him as an ATH...not RB. He wants to go to a school that wants him as a RB. Plus, Bama's so deep at that position, I feel that they would try to covert him to another position. Look for FL (he's visiting next weekend), GA, OSU, or UT getting this kid.

I disagree. AL is recruiting him as an ATH...not RB. He wants to go to a school that wants him as a RB. Plus, Bama's so deep at that position, I feel that they would try to covert him to another position. Look for FL (he's visiting next weekend), GA, OSU, or UT getting this kid.

I hope you are right, although I think he would be even more of a beast running behind that Bama line.....

Our Covington running back is a small kid who is not a major college recruit, but he is piling up some eye-popping numbers,

Johnston White is second in the state in rushing, per Murphy_Fair.

Jalen Hurd is averaging 239.1 yds rushing per game with 1674 yards and 22 TDs in 7 games.

Johnston is averaging 224.2 yds, with 1345 yards and 14 TD's in 6 games.

I'm sure that both Hurd and Elder deserve their props, but I am going to list Johnston as a person of notice here.

Our Covington running back is a small kid who is not a major college recruit, but he is piling up some eye-popping numbers,

Johnston White is second in the state in rushing, per Murphy_Fair.

Jalen Hurd is averaging 239.1 yds rushing per game with 1674 yards and 22 TDs in 7 games.

Johnston is averaging 224.2 yds, with 1345 yards and 14 TD's in 6 games.

I'm sure that both Hurd and Elder deserve their props, but I am going to list Johnston as a person of notice here.

Murphy's site is inaccurate at that moment. I am sure that it will be corrected soon though.

Hurd is currently at 1890 yards averaging 270 yards a game with 25 TDs.

http://www.unapproved website.com/athletes/RvORNE5xOUmyZF02DRvikQ/football-fall-12/stats-jalen-hurd.htm

At this point I'm not sure it's as much of a discussion as it was early in the season. Hurd has, quite frankly, been unstoppable. The best you can hope for is to maybe slow him down. I mean there are 3 games remaining in the regular season and he's already ran for nearly 2,000 yards. This kid is not playing against weak competition, either. District 9AAA is one of the state's best, and they didn't exactly schedule cupcakes for their non district schedule. The public/private debate can go in circles forever, but the truth is, if I had one player in the state to build my team around, it is Hurd bar none. And I mean absolutely none.

Edited by RedSwarm10

Jalen Ramsey at Brentwood Academy is the top recruit this year in TN. Corn is a great athlete but he does not match up to Jalen. They are good friends and competitive but Jalen is a better athlete on the next level. If he played running back full time he would rush for 2000 yards.. If he played receiver full time he would go for 1000 yards.. He has a 40 inch vertical and won the state championship in the decathlon... He is also just a quick as Hurd and Corn. Next year we can talk about Hurd and rightfully so but Jalen is the top player in the state this year

Edited by baylorbigdog1976