who is the best player in tennessee right now?

iknowmorethanyou

We all have our opinions. I havent seen all players but have seen quite a bit of Swafford and Foreman. Both are pretty fast and hard to get a good hit on. That being said I think there is a sophmore at Elizabethton better than Swafford or Foreman. If you havent seen Ethan Thomas youve missed one of the hardest runners Ive seen in a while.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurd sat out 2 games, and is already back over 2,900 yards heading to a state championship game too. Boy, if hadn't gotten injured!

Wow Hurd sounds like a heck of a player, isn't the 4A state game right before the 6A? I wanna see him play. Of course Mark still has my bias vote. Dodson is the best all around complete back that west TN has probably ever seen, and his intangibles and leadership exceed his talent. Is Hurd a junior or just hasn't committed yet?

Mark Dodson has 2,977 yards which includes the 304 yards he had against Mt. Juliet. He has touchdowns. That is a 212 yards per game through 14 games.

Mark Dodson - Whitehaven 14 games 2,977 yards 213 per game

Jalen Hurd - Beech 12 games 2,961 yards 247 per game

Jacob Warbritton - Huntington 14 games 2,937 yards 210 per game

All have a chance to break the state record by Dy'Shawn Mobley last year with 3,068 yards.

Warbritton would not do perform at the same rate vs. 5A/6A

Dodson is a beast of a player and has been very consistant all year with bigger games when needed. He sat out late in some games in which he would have already broken the state record.

I believe Hurd comes out on top. He sat out the second half of four games, played WR after shoulder injury vs. Wilson Central and missed Lebanon entirely and only played WR against Gallatin after nursing shoulder injury. Factor that in and he could be looking to break 4,000 yards.

I take Hurd over all other running backs and players at any position.

From what I have seen, Hurd is as fast as Dodson, bigger and stronger.

Edited by TheRealTruth

Wow Hurd sounds like a heck of a player, isn't the 4A state game right before the 6A? I wanna see him play. Of course Mark still has my bias vote. Dodson is the best all around complete back that west TN has probably ever seen, and his intangibles and leadership exceed his talent. Is Hurd a junior or just hasn't committed yet?

Beech is 5A and Hurd is a Junior.

After last night you can put Brent Stockstill on that list. Kid is one heck of a quarterback.

After seeing Hurd, Elder and Stockstill last night I would have to rank those three in that order of finish. Stockstill was very impressive and I left wondering would the outcome have been the same if he could have ran the option. All three are in a class with a short roll call.