why doesnt maryville play out of state games?

Governm

My questions..,,, when will WB play a meaningful game again? Why not play Alcoa? Why not play Single A Greenback? I have joked in the past about this match- up but this year Greenbaclk might take the Govs to the wood shed.

Personally.....I would like to see Maryville venture once a year to an out of state game but if thy did they would have to open Ft Craig back up, build a baseball and softball field and open a soccer complex. Did I cover it all?

And resurface the track down at the middle school.......

WB didn't have to play Maryville before the reclassification and they still did every year, so that doesn't hold water. Anyway, I don't see why you all couldn't have just answered his question in a nice way.

No joke. Lol. His question seemed harmless enough. I personally would love to see Maryville play some out of state teams.

WB didn't have to play Maryville before the reclassification and they still did every year, so that doesn't hold water. Anyway, I don't see why you all couldn't have just answered his question in a nice way.

Do you have any idea how many times this question is asked of Maryville fans each season? Do you seriously think Maryville fans have the answer? The most bizzare is the question came from a WB fan.......icon_lol.gif

Do you have any idea how many times this question is asked of Maryville fans each season? Do you seriously think Maryville fans have the answer? The most bizzare is the question came from a WB fan.......icon_lol.gif

I do know that it's asked a lot and I know that it probably gets old hearing it so much. However, I just don't think that the WB fan meant anything bad by it, so I believe that you guys were maybe a little too quick to jump on him. And I'm sure Maryville fans don't have the exact answer, but I would suspect that you guys just don't have room on the schedule. You have seven district games that are locked-in, the Alcoa game is a given, and Oak Ridge is a formidable opponent. The 10th game has been the Motor Mile Classic the last couple years and you guys tried to get Ensworth, BA, etc. to play in that and they wouldn't.

yea, i'm not sure why offense was taken by my post, i meant it as a compliment. i'd like to see maryville beat an out of state powerhouse so all the so called sports experts would shut the heck up with all their" tennessee doesnt have any high school talent" crap. also i've never heard anyone ask this question before, i wasnt aware that its been brought up alot.

My questions..,,, when will WB play a meaningful game again? Why not play Alcoa? Why not play Single A Greenback? I have joked in the past about this match- up but this year Greenbaclk might take the Govs to the wood shed.

Personally.....I would like to see Maryville venture once a year to an out of state game but if thy did they would have to open Ft Craig back up, build a baseball and softball field and open a soccer complex. Did I cover it all?

don't forget the new dramatic arts dept and a new hotdog rotisserie for the concession stands.

And I'm sure Maryville fans don't have the exact answer, but I would suspect that you guys just don't have room on the schedule. You have seven district games that are locked-in, the Alcoa game is a given, and Oak Ridge is a formidable opponent. The 10th game has been the Motor Mile Classic the last couple years and you guys tried to get Ensworth, BA, etc. to play in that and they wouldn't.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. It makes no sense to play out of state and give up the gate on any of these games. Effectively, by splitting the gate on the Alcoa game and the Classic, the rebels financially, have 6 home games per year. Why give up OR (or another power) and 1/2 the gate on the "home" game with the Classic, and then spend a lot of money traveling to another state.... just to satisfy those who would like to see how the Rebels match up. I've got a idea, those who would like to see how the Rebels measure up to those out of state powers, should make up the financial difference. Then GQ might make a go of it.

You get to see who all the newbies are when a thread like this pops up ... Gov91 , and allregion , just in case you guys actually did miss the boat and you are new , this is the kind of crap that gets brought up every year by some clown trying to find some reason to put Maryville down .... it really is a little comical that a WB fan thinks he can question why we don't play someone when they have ran and hid from Alcoa . It also amazes me how many clowns think they know what's best for us . Allregion , i'm sorry buddy but you have already proven to everyone on here how bad your judgement is by saying this years Alcoa team is as good as 2009 2010 teams .... why would we need your advice on how to run our program ? Ya , maybe we are a little jumpy & grumpy when it comes to some things here on the T , but geez , we get this same ol crap from fans of other teams thinking it's their job to tell us how to run things every FRIKKIN Year !!...

First it was we were Skeered of the big boys then it was we're skeered of the Privates , then it's we're skeered of going out of State .... ya , I bet you guys would love having your team picked apart if they were having the success Maryville is .