why doesnt maryville play out of state games?

Governm

oh good grief. I'm not putting maryville down, its a compliment! i'd like to see maryville go up against some of the most elite programs in the country and beat them. not only that it would also be dang good entertainment. maryville isn't really challenged by any in state schools , so it would be interesting to see how they stack up against an out of state powerhouse. again, not sure how this is putting maryville down...

Unknown to you, you hit a sensitive spot with some of the Maryille fans. In years past, some posters have used your question to attempt to demean Maryville's program. Reading your original post, it is pretty obvious that you meant no ill-will towards the Rebels. Don't take too much offense. Most of those Maryville fans are good and classy folks. Most.

Are you serious? Man if I coached, there is no way I would come on here and read this stuff.

Some coaches do NOT read it, but they DO have a designated assistant on staff that does. When they find out they are getting rode hard and put up wet, they DO read it. Some have even been known to have said assistant for reading to reply to defend them.

Not only do Coaches read CoachT, Administrators and School Board members do as well.

You see now Gov91 , this is what these threads always do , brings out the haters in full force ... Amazing that they can find ways to put down a Public school with 1445 students that has had the kind of Success Maryville has had . We never win in the IFL ... Quarles just doesn't have what it takes to win in an imaginary game .

The Private schools should have been honored to play Maryville and Alcoa , instead they wanted to play us only on their terms , not ours . Just look at how few posts are on the DII boards , it's not Maryville's fault that they have been put in a tiny little league and are becoming less and less important on the big picture side of Tennessee Football , that's why when Maryville and Alcoa came knocking they should have said yes no matter what .... instead they play teams out of State who you never know from year to year how good they will be .... and continue telling Maryville and Alcoa they're Skeered of them ...

Maryville does not have the flexibility of the Private Schools ... we have to answer to everyone and can not spend just on Football , you guys already know that yet you choose to act like Maryville is Skeered to play in Ohio , Florida, or where ever .

pepvol, pepvol, pepvol......do we have to do this again?

The Private schools should have been honored to play Maryville and Alcoa , instead they wanted to play us only on their terms , not ours . Just look at how few posts are on the DII boards , it's not Maryville's fault that they have been put in a tiny little league and are becoming less and less important on the big picture side of Tennessee Football , that's why when Maryville and Alcoa came knocking they should have said yes no matter what .... instead they play teams out of State who you never know from year to year how good they will be .... and continue telling Maryville and Alcoa they're Skeered of them ...

LOL, and you people call US arrogant!

"honored to play you?" that's something, even from you, Pepvol.....

what baloney and of course it will fall on deaf ears but i know for a fact that BA has never turned down any game and in fact the new coach from tx has made calls to some teams mentioned on this thread and all have said no. facts are the facts folks. now back to the propaganda. if it makes all of oyu fell good, you keep saying anything and after a while it will stick. works for the president - why not here!!

what baloney and of course it will fall on deaf ears but i know for a fact that BA has never turned down any game and in fact the new coach from tx has made calls to some teams mentioned on this thread and all have said no. facts are the facts folks. now back to the propaganda. if it makes all of oyu fell good, you keep saying anything and after a while it will stick. works for the president - why not here!!

meritage, you may not be familiar with Pepvol, so I wouldn't necessarily lump him in with the rest of the Maryville fans...he is usually the only one writing this stuff, and whenever he gets beaten over the head with facts, he just keeps chugging along with the same story...although, this one, I gotta admit, is some good stuff....I.e., we should have been "honored" to play them and therefore willing to accept their terms (i.e., play 2x in Blount County, with no return visit--FOR CHARITY--at the Clinic Bowl in Nashville).

guess i'm not big red, i usually don't venture over to this board much but saw this thread and the tall tales and could not resist. Yea, we'd be more than honored to pick up a home and away. pretty fair i think. In fact it looks like we need to go out of state again next yr because all of the so-called "big boys" (according to these boards of course) we called said no. i mean seriously, the BA sr class will have possibly 10 boys going on to play college ball next yr - my son is one of them - USC, Fla, etc. We even have sophs with DI offers already - these bys want to play and so do the coaches. Our 1st string has not played an entire game except for 2 this yr. We all would love to see tough games incl the coach. I suspect e-worth, mba and others feel the same way.

anyway good luck with this - i'll head back to the DII board

You see now Gov91 , this is what these threads always do , brings out the haters in full force ... Amazing that they can find ways to put down a Public school with 1445 students that has had the kind of Success Maryville has had . We never win in the IFL ... Quarles just doesn't have what it takes to win in an imaginary game .

Maryville does not have the flexibility of the Private Schools ... we have to answer to everyone and can not spend just on Football , you guys already know that yet you choose to act like Maryville is Skeered to play in Ohio , Florida, or where ever .

Absolutely NOT a HATER! No one around here has ever had a run like Maryville. This coming from an AC fan, so u know im not hatin. There as good a TN football program as there has EVER been. I understand the 7 district games and the Alcoa game. But the OR game is nott that big a deal to me. I say go to Cincinnati and play, Colerane, St. X, or the like and really get a test. You may win, but im sure it would be a great game even if u lost. Again, nothing but respect and envy for ur program

i've been wondering this for awhile,why doesnt maryville play any powerhouse schools from out of state? i'd personally like to see them play some schools from georgia,florida,and alabama to see how they stack up against them. most of the elite teams in the country play teams from out of state, so why not maryville? what gives? i'm also puzzled as to why alcoa doesnt do this.

Congratulations 91 you begat the most inane thread coacht has ever seen.

A better question, asked early on, is "Why doesn't William Blount play Alcoa?" Let's settle the county championship then whip up on Kentucky, Georgia and Ohio.