why doesnt maryville play out of state games?

Governm

we certainly would have his resume on file, given how many times he's applied for the job.

He has applied there just a few more times than he has applied at BA. roflolk.gifroflol.gif

Greyrider, you are right about not hearing that R'dale wants Maryville. Maryville has our number. Unfortunately it is usually double digets over us on the scoreboard.popcorneater.gif

Now lests look at a realistic reason NOT to play an out of state team. The two day trip to Ohio for R'dale as a prime example. Average cost PER PLAYER and COACH and CHEERLEADER was $1,000.00. For that the kids got to go to another state and embarres a team, plus they got to see the facilities at Ohio State. Yes they got to go to an amusment park also, but most of the money for that was from parents. Some of which could NOT afford it.

Now ask yourself one thing, in todays economy could you afford to give your child $1,000.00 for a football game?

Just our point ...ensworth is 30 min from riverdale ... That's about $ 15 in today's poor economic environment....silly to waste that money and go to ky to play a soft team you blowout when you have teams in your neighborhood that you will not.

He has applied there just a few more times than he has applied at BA. roflolk.gifroflol.gif

Greyrider, you are right about not hearing that R'dale wants Maryville. Maryville has our number. Unfortunately it is usually double digets over us on the scoreboard.popcorneater.gif

Now lests look at a realistic reason NOT to play an out of state team. The two day trip to Ohio for R'dale as a prime example. Average cost PER PLAYER and COACH and CHEERLEADER was $1,000.00. For that the kids got to go to another state and embarres a team, plus they got to see the facilities at Ohio State. Yes they got to go to an amusment park also, but most of the money for that was from parents. Some of which could NOT afford it.

Now ask yourself one thing, in todays economy could you afford to give your child $1,000.00 for a football game?

LOD eye ain't shore we cood afford that inn Blunt Cowntee.....Butt if'un we cood git a cupple privitts two come two Blunt Cowntee eye shore me, APB, and all tha ovvur Alcouh and Mairvul fanz mite bee abull two git Freddie's Carnivul two sett upp att Midlund fer a fue daze.....

And jist becaws tha wimmen runnin tha rides haz moore back and lagg hair thain me.....Don't meen hit ain't hi qwalitee intertainmint....blush.png

Edited by STARSNBARS

One last point in d2... Regarding coach t . There are 2 horses in the race in Middle East.... Everyone knows it.. So people from say Pope John Paul 2.. Why bother getting on to discuss a 62-0 loss to BA..so it would be like alot of fans from Hertiage on here writing about the game ..i

At last an honest answer ... you admitting there's only a couple of real teams in DII going after a Gold ball ... It's actually hilarious that some of you guys say , " Ya had to throw that Recruiting card out there " .... WHY NOT ?? Geez it isn't like it's ancient history is it guys ??

The DII motto .... well everybody else is doing it , why not us ??!!

Is Pepvol rubbing off on the rest of you? Are all of you now making things up? I thought it was just Pepvol, but maybe not. Who anywhere has ever said that the BC schools don't play on the level of the privates? At a minimum, Alcoa beat McCallie at least once, maybe twice. And I have no doubt that Alcoa would still be playing and beating private schools, were a different individual head coach.

I hope this go round the organizers of the BC Bowl are offering terms different from the last ones, because it's a non-starter if it's "come here twice without us coming to the Clinic Bowl." If you guys are going to shun Nashville, then don't be surprised when we respond in kind.

How does it feel knowing your School Cheats ? Gentleman and a Scholar .... right ?? I don't want to shun Nashville , I just want to Shun Cheaters .

BA is a great football powerhouse. Great Coaches, great school to prepare players for DI college ball. The record proves it. I grew up in the area and we all knew that BA recruited and gave scholarships, which is fine because they are a private school and have that right. Thus, you created a program where no one in the State could give you a competitive game. Thus, the move to a Private Division and having to buy teams to play you. You're just a victim of your own success.

With all the TV coverage availble now thru nationwide outlets (ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN 3, ESPN U) just start a nationwide Preparatory Media School League. The PMS League, then you we feel better about not getting to play Maryville. Or you could stop giving scholarships, drop down to 6A. The folks around you will have to play you and every once in a while you might get a chance to play the Mighty Rebels.

Just our point ...ensworth is 30 min from riverdale ... That's about $ 15 in today's poor economic environment....silly to waste that money and go to ky to play a soft team you blowout when you have teams in your neighborhood that you will not.

I agree. I would love to see a home and away scheduling of the privates like Ensworth, BA and MBA. Tough compitition only makes you better. Besides they would provide better gates as their fans DO travel.

If I had my way the split would disappear and we would just play everybody. Of course the one game the current HC had in Chattanooga was a loss when HE choked!