why doesnt maryville play out of state games?

Governm

Some coaches do NOT read it, but they DO have a designated assistant on staff that does. When they find out they are getting rode hard and put up wet, they DO read it. Some have even been known to have said assistant for reading to reply to defend them.

Not only do Coaches read CoachT, Administrators and School Board members do as well.

That would be funny if it were not true. :/

It happens.

Week after next there will be 8000 people or more at the ensworth - BA game and it will be on espnu as one of their feature games .. The game will be on the level of a state championship game and will feature some of the best talent on two teams in the entire atate ... and I bet ... just a hunch that you will even record it on your dvr to watch later ..how is this less and less important for football in the state of Tennessee ? Just curious

You see now Gov91 , this is what these threads always do , brings out the haters in full force ... Amazing that they can find ways to put down a Public school with 1445 students that has had the kind of Success Maryville has had . We never win in the IFL ... Quarles just doesn't have what it takes to win in an imaginary game .

The Private schools should have been honored to play Maryville and Alcoa , instead they wanted to play us only on their terms , not ours . Just look at how few posts are on the DII boards , it's not Maryville's fault that they have been put in a tiny little league and are becoming less and less important on the big picture side of Tennessee Football , that's why when Maryville and Alcoa came knocking they should have said yes no matter what .... instead they play teams out of State who you never know from year to year how good they will be .... and continue telling Maryville and Alcoa they're Skeered of them ...

Maryville does not have the flexibility of the Private Schools ... we have to answer to everyone and can not spend just on Football , you guys already know that yet you choose to act like Maryville is Skeered to play in Ohio , Florida, or where ever .

My feeling is that we don't play out of state teams because; we don't have to play them and we don't need to play them! We know who we are and are content with it.

I tell my sons, "If you are good at something, you don't have to tell everybody how good you are, they'll know it." I tend to find that the people who bragg about themselves, do so for the attention. They need somebody to pat them on the back and tell them how good they are. We just don't need that. We know who we are.

A seasoned gunfighter doesn't waste his time on every punk upstart that wants to challenge his manhood. He is above that and so are we. We play whoever comes our way. We do the best we can with what we have and where we are. We did it in 4A and now in 6A. If they make us move up to DII, we will do the best we can there.

We respect every team we have to play. We approach every game with the same attitude, do our best and let the chips fall where they may. It is just that we are fortunate enough to win about 96 % of the time. It puts a target on our backs, but that is just the way it is. We live with it, but we don't have to play an out of state team to prove something to somebody else who wants to be us or doesn't believe we are good as some say we are. We know who we are!

I'm not so bold as to say BA may win - we may lose but arguably the 2 best teams in the state will be playing. i have met with mutiple DI pgms this past yr and they have told me to a person the TN schools they visit with EVERY SINGLE yr. All are DII schools. I did not say they did not visit with other schools only that they never skip a mtg with the DII top schools.

in fact espn wanted this to be on their thurs nite slate on ESPN2 but e-worth has a bye this wk and BA would only have 3 days to prepare so they said no. between the 2 schools likely 15-20 kids going on to play college ball next yr. i would be greatly surprised to see any other 2 schools be at those same numbers

and pls don't type "the best money.." baloney. I know each BA kid i mentioned and very few receive any aid.

for the umpteenth time - come play us - we will take on all takers. our coach has said, i'd rather have multiple losses and play a tough team every wk. the top PS coaches are saying no - fact fact fact.

Goodness , I am away for 24 hrs and what a box of rocks has been opened. MARYVILLE does not have to defend itself , record or validate itself in the eyes of anyone else. GOV91 , you are a noob but now you see what comes when the box is opened. We just have to be happy with our 14 imaginary STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS , most of them won against opponents who on paper we should not have even been on the field with.

I don't think we've had any problems doing things the way we have there LOD ... and we're an East TN team .... and I haven't seen us choking any ... Funny to hear you whine so much about your Coach , yet you always want to give Kingsport DB a hard time .

It is kind of funny that we no longer hear about that mythical match up between MARYVILLE and Riverdale like we used to all the time.

oh good grief. I'm not putting maryville down, its a compliment! i'd like to see maryville go up against some of the most elite programs in the country and beat them. not only that it would also be dang good entertainment. maryville isn't really challenged by any in state schools , so it would be interesting to see how they stack up against an out of state powerhouse. again, not sure how this is putting maryville down...

I think you are missing the point, we know you meant nothing by it 91. It is all good.

what baloney and of course it will fall on deaf ears but i know for a fact that BA has never turned down any game and in fact the new coach from tx has made calls to some teams mentioned on this thread and all have said no. facts are the facts folks. now back to the propaganda. if it makes all of oyu fell good, you keep saying anything and after a while it will stick. works for the president - why not here!!

No offense Meritage, but unfortunately you are wrong.