why doesnt maryville play out of state games?

Governm

ope you are. you might want to talk to your coach. tired of reading this "no one will play us" baloney. the opposite is true. disagree all you want - you have far more to lose than we do. as i have said 3 times now - the facts are the facts. keep the propaganda going. 10-0 looks great when you play nobody but hey it's 10-0. BA has never ever turned you down and i've confirmed it

push-button.jpg

Why Maryville Doesn't Play Out of State Team's Button

Please do not push the button above, it may elevate Rebel fans blood pressure. Do not get this button confused with the discontinued "big dog button" or the "OOZ Button"...these buttons willl get similiar responses.

ope you are. you might want to talk to your coach. tired of reading this "no one will play us" baloney. the opposite is true. disagree all you want - you have far more to lose than we do. as i have said 3 times now - the facts are the facts. keep the propaganda going. 10-0 looks great when you play nobody but hey it's 10-0. BA has never ever turned you down and i've confirmed it

we do not really care. goodnight

I used to actually care what the Privates thought , but after the one school that I thought had more integrity than all of them got busted for doing what everyone thought they were .... well I could care less about you guys anymore , and yes , any of you guys should feel honored to play Maryville or Alcoa , here's 2 Public schools who were willing to still give you a chance to share the public spotlight with us even though a lot of the Rumors we'd heard for years were true . It wasn't on your terms so you wouldn't play ... you guys know good and well we probably could have expanded our series after those first 2 years . Now I hope we don't even bother with you guys anymore , just ignore you and enjoy playing among yourselves and talking to yourselves about how superior you are .

If there's so much support and so many fans of DII ball .... where are they all ? I never even bother getting on the DII board anymore ... crickets chirping ....

Greyrider and Pepvol...your last comments make the most sense I have read on this thread I don't even follow Maryville. I did have one boy play ball on the private side and yes, recruiting takes place and so does "financial aid"....very creative methods. Not judging it at all just not sure why the need to deny it occurs.

Still betting you TiVo the game pepvol... 1-4th of the dandy dozen of middle tn will be on the field...Will be as big as the Maryville -Alcoa game ..Ba has blistering speed all over the field .. ensworth is big and has corn..Now, Tell me espn would not pick up Maryville - Brentwood Academy... 23 state championships .. Two legendary coaches who built a dynasty..riverdale and the Murfreesboro schools are good at running their mouths but they know better... We don't want Alcoa or Riverdale... We want Maryville ... And that is the best compliment any private school fan can give...May never happen but one could wish....I may write in to them as a suggestion with the storyline .. See you guys there ...

I used to actually care what the Privates thought , but after the one school that I thought had more integrity than all of them got busted for doing what everyone thought they were .... well I could care less about you guys anymore , and yes , any of you guys should feel honored to play Maryville or Alcoa , here's 2 Public schools who were willing to still give you a chance to share the public spotlight with us even though a lot of the Rumors we'd heard for years were true . It wasn't on your terms so you wouldn't play ... you guys know good and well we probably could have expanded our series after those first 2 years . Now I hope we don't even bother with you guys anymore , just ignore you and enjoy playing among yourselves and talking to yourselves about how superior you are .

If there's so much support and so many fans of DII ball .... where are they all ? I never even bother getting on the DII board anymore ... crickets chirping ....

One last point in d2... Regarding coach t . There are 2 horses in the race in Middle East.... Everyone knows it.. So people from say Pope John Paul 2.. Why bother getting on to discuss a 62-0 loss to BA..so it would be like alot of fans from Hertiage on here writing about the game ..i

Still betting you TiVo the game pepvol... 1-4th of the dandy dozen of middle tn will be on the field...Will be as big as the Maryville -Alcoa game ..Ba has blistering speed all over the field .. ensworth is big and has corn..Now, Tell me espn would not pick up Maryville - Brentwood Academy... 23 state championships .. Two legendary coaches who built a dynasty..riverdale and the Murfreesboro schools are good at running their mouths but they know better... We don't want Alcoa or Riverdale... We want Maryville ... And that is the best compliment any private school fan can give...May never happen but one could wish....I may write in to them as a suggestion with the storyline .. See you guys there ...

Eye wood luv fer Mairvul two play Brintwould Accademmy.....Weave ben vurry sucksessfull agin tham....blush.png

Edited by STARSNBARS

of course you care, Pepvol....it's a borderline obsession of yours, evidenced by the fact that in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with private schools, you introduce the subject and proceed to take a bunch of gratuitous shots at us (I guess in some attempt to make yourself feel better) like "tiny little league" and "irrelevant to the big picture," etc. You haven't been posting on the D2 boards, either because you've been so beaten down over there you have decided to stay away, or because we are just talking about actual games, which doesn't interest you. As soon as someone writes "The BA-EHS winner is the best team in the state," you'll be back, all upset about how Maryville just lost another imaginary game....

As for D2 enthusiasm, there were between 8-10K at the MBA-EHS game last week; there will be at least that many for BA-EHS next week, which will be on ESPN (EHS' second such appearance this year). My guess is that there were 5-6k on hand at MBA for the Trinity game. We're doing just fine....and I expect the coming months are going to be tough on you, Pepvol, because EHS and BA are going to get a lot of attention, and you really struggle when someone other than Maryville gets attention.

Of course, we could have begun something really special back in 2005, when Maryville was invited to play in the Clinic Bowl at Vanderbilt against D2 teams (either MBA or BA) and said no. Don't think that wasn't a factor in this latest attempt to get a series going. "Our terms" were to play home and home, and the Blount County teams wouldn't do it. Pure and simple. If you want to blame us for that, go ahead....but just let the record reflect that this could have been a great series for everyone had the Blount County teams agreed to come to Nashville and play at Vanderbilt.

of course you care, Pepvol....it's a borderline obsession of yours, evidenced by the fact that in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with private schools, you introduce the subject and proceed to take a bunch of gratuitous shots at us (I guess in some attempt to make yourself feel better) like "tiny little league" and "irrelevant to the big picture," etc. You haven't been posting on the D2 boards, either because you've been so beaten down over there you have decided to stay away, or because we are just talking about actual games, which doesn't interest you. As soon as someone writes "The BA-EHS winner is the best team in the state," you'll be back, all upset about how Maryville just lost another imaginary game....

As for D2 enthusiasm, there were between 8-10K at the MBA-EHS game last week; there will be at least that many for BA-EHS next week, which will be on ESPN (EHS' second such appearance this year). My guess is that there were 5-6k on hand at MBA for the Trinity game. We're doing just fine....and I expect the coming months are going to be tough on you, Pepvol, because EHS and BA are going to get a lot of attention, and you really struggle when someone other than Maryville gets attention.

Of course, we could have begun something really special back in 2005, when Maryville was invited to play in the Clinic Bowl at Vanderbilt against D2 teams (either MBA or BA) and said no. Don't think that wasn't a factor in this latest attempt to get a series going. "Our terms" were to play home and home, and the Blount County teams wouldn't do it.

Saim cooda ben sed fer inn 2010......Mairvul wooda played one gaim att hoam and one onn tha rode (Alcouh)....Privitts sed "no".....popcorneater.gif

Saim cooda ben sed fer inn 2010......Mairvul wooda played one gaim att hoam and one onn tha rode (Alcouh)....Privitts sed "no".....popcorneater.gif

so, Clinic Bowl asks you for 1 game in 2005 in Nashville, you say no, and that's fine. You guys ask us for 2 trips to BC in consecutive years, with no return game ever in Nashville, we say no, and it's our fault that the teams haven't played.

u geyes got som intresstin logik up thair fer shore, u and pepvol.