why doesnt maryville play out of state games?

Governm

I have decided the only thing that gets ANY east Tn teams out of the mountains is to collect gold. Coming to Murfreesboro almost threw them into shock, so now they only have to come to the foothills at Cookeville!roflol.gif

The one thing that might help is to find a deal like R'dale got with the Louisville Ky game, where they pick up the expenses PLUS to help make up for the loss of a home gate.

The other suggestion for if they do go for an away and home deal with a team is to make sure the financial forfeit is MUCH bigger than the one we got with the Ohio Team that chickened out on their coming here.

The team riverdale played in ky was soft. There are only 2 teams in ky worth playing this year. Trinity and Bowling Green maybe. You would need to go south or take on the catholic teams in Ohio. Anyways, why should they. Their goal is the gold ball and if they can win their conference with good seating and win in cookeville why bother. Riverdale has the privates they could play in Nashville but I guess they choose not to for whatever reason. The other Murfreesboro teams do on occasion but these early season games tell you less about a football team than playing them toward the end of the year, so other than filling up a schedule I am not sure what they would accomplish. Would be fun though to see more of the powers in tn play on occasion.

i've been wondering this for awhile,why doesnt maryville play any powerhouse schools from out of state? i'd personally like to see them play some schools from georgia,florida,and alabama to see how they stack up against them. most of the elite teams in the country play teams from out of state, so why not maryville? what gives? i'm also puzzled as to why alcoa doesnt do this.

Because 10-0 looks alot better than 8-2, Thats why.

But 10-0 doesn't help when you choke in the first round of the playoffs like some teams have found from East Tn. LOL

I agree that the Ky team was a joke. Pretty much like the Ohio team was a joke a few years ago.

As to why we don't play the Privates, that was because of our former Coach. Now it is because they do not want to play us for some reason. Maybe because of the way we have handled them in scrimmages in the past. MBA came with three QB's once. They left with the first two out for the season and the third limping.

Personally I would love to see and Ensworth vs R'dale or Siegel match up.

You see now Gov91 , this is what these threads always do , brings out the haters in full force ... Amazing that they can find ways to put down a Public school with 1445 students that has had the kind of Success Maryville has had . We never win in the IFL ... Quarles just doesn't have what it takes to win in an imaginary game .

The Private schools should have been honored to play Maryville and Alcoa , instead they wanted to play us only on their terms , not ours . Just look at how few posts are on the DII boards , it's not Maryville's fault that they have been put in a tiny little league and are becoming less and less important on the big picture side of Tennessee Football , that's why when Maryville and Alcoa came knocking they should have said yes no matter what .... instead they play teams out of State who you never know from year to year how good they will be .... and continue telling Maryville and Alcoa they're Skeered of them ...

Maryville does not have the flexibility of the Private Schools ... we have to answer to everyone and can not spend just on Football , you guys already know that yet you choose to act like Maryville is Skeered to play in Ohio , Florida, or where ever .

I have decided the only thing that gets ANY east Tn teams out of the mountains is to collect gold. Coming to Murfreesboro almost threw them into shock, so now they only have to come to the foothills at Cookeville!roflol.gif

The one thing that might help is to find a deal like R'dale got with the Louisville Ky game, where they pick up the expenses PLUS to help make up for the loss of a home gate.

The other suggestion for if they do go for an away and home deal with a team is to make sure the financial forfeit is MUCH bigger than the one we got with the Ohio Team that chickened out on their coming here.

I don't think we've had any problems doing things the way we have there LOD ... and we're an East TN team .... and I haven't seen us choking any ... Funny to hear you whine so much about your Coach , yet you always want to give Kingsport DB a hard time .

I don't think we've had any problems doing things the way we have there LOD ... and we're an East TN team .... and I haven't seen us choking any ... Funny to hear you whine so much about your Coach , yet you always want to give Kingsport DB a hard time .

Which has a Coach that chokes even more than ours does. I would have really been down on him if he was our coach LONG ago!

BTW the main reason for that thread is to wake the Coach up to either win or leave. His choice now.

Which has a Coach that chokes even more than ours does. I would have really been down on him if he was our coach LONG ago!

BTW the main reason for that thread is to wake the Coach up to either win or leave. His choice now.

With all due respect, I don't think a thread on Coach T is going to wake up a head coach to either win or leave. There certainly is no one that wants to win and win big more than the coach himself. I wouldn't think that many head coaches came on here to read this crap anyway, I know I wouldn't if I were the coach.

Do other Riverdale supporters feel the same as you do? I haven't seen anyone else sharing your displeasure on Coach T, that is why I ask.

oh good grief. I'm not putting maryville down, its a compliment! i'd like to see maryville go up against some of the most elite programs in the country and beat them. not only that it would also be dang good entertainment. maryville isn't really challenged by any in state schools , so it would be interesting to see how they stack up against an out of state powerhouse. again, not sure how this is putting maryville down...