why doesnt maryville play out of state games?

Governm

Understand your point but not a great analogy since BHS is only 1 mile up the road and every family in Brentwood knows where both schools are .. People go to BA because their parents pick the school ...and if the two teams played it would have ZERO effect on either team as far as players go. People in brentwood have seem and been on BAs campus a million times so its not like wow .. Look at this ... I see tons of bruin blue at the games when bhs has a night off or are out of town...BHS is a great school btw .. Academically one of the best in the state .. And good sports too ..so this whole bs about public playing private is very overdone ..

My point all along is there are great teams to play right here and it's a little over the top to say you would destroy teams in a state that has as many d 1 recruits each year as Georgia does .. Almost laughable .. I don't even think d2 fans would say that ...I have 2 kids in public school and 2 in private btw .. All play football and I post on both public and private which is my right to do so pepvol ...

BigDog I agree in the BA BHS example; BHS would be minimally impacted by such a game. I am not certain a Riverdale, Oakland, Dickson or Mt Juliet would feel the same.

Im not familiar with Chatt town but having my boys play private and public, I see where it upsets coaches when privates show up at their feeder Middle School games in full regalia and do the usual "encouragement". Here in Nashville, at least one school has the luxury of country music 'stars' to do the encouraging lol.

Again, I understand why free zones do what they do and the same for the zoned schools. Just business. Not sure how you can fix the problem except to schedule more interstate competition.

Do chattanooga privates schedule any GA public schools? I dont see a threat to a GA zoned school under those corcumstances.

I would agree with that ... But Siegel did scrimmage BA this year( they are the real deal btw ) and MBA always scrimmages the Murfreesboro teams ..For the heck of it I looked at my sons BA student guide and there is not a single kid from Murfreesboro at school there ...a majority are Brentwood ... Some Nashville and Franklin ... I know Ensworth has played Smyrna and Oakland ..I would say with 100 percent certainly that if Maryville played ensworth at ensworth .. Not a one family would relocate to Nashville , pay the tuition for their son to go there ..

BigDog I agree in the BA BHS example; BHS would be minimally impacted by such a game. I am not certain a Riverdale, Oakland, Dickson or Mt Juliet would feel the same.

Im not familiar with Chatt town but having my boys play private and public, I see where it upsets coaches when privates show up at their feeder Middle School games in full regalia and do the usual "encouragement". Here in Nashville, at least one school has the luxury of country music 'stars' to do the encouraging lol.

Again, I understand why free zones do what they do and the same for the zoned schools. Just business. Not sure how you can fix the problem except to schedule more interstate competition.

Do chattanooga privates schedule any GA public schools? I dont see a threat to a GA zoned school under those corcumstances.

You are right on the scrimmages They are a good thing too. I believe though that since those skirmishes are under the radar, they don't have that visibility of a game. I dont follow Maryville except here but it seems to me the big reason they do not play Ensworth or BA is that the game doesn't interest them that much as much as playing in their neighborhood. I love local rivalries and would love to see BA and BHS, especially this year. I loved the BGA FHS games. Not sure who ended that. And, I went to that Alcoa Maryville game in August. Wow!

One other thing Ive seen is sheer expense keeps some teams closer to home. I really never thought much about it on my private side but it was painfully obvious an issue on my public side.

Maybe we will see some common ground in the future.

Yeah you are right ...even MBA and Hillsboro in their day was a great game .. I was at the BA - BHS games about 10 years ago and they were competitive .. If I remember BA won both but they were close ..and this year would have been fun to watch with BHS having a great team. I have been to 2 or their games and was thinking about how the teams would match up..

You are right on the scrimmages They are a good thing too. I believe though that since those skirmishes are under the radar, they don't have that visibility of a game. I dont follow Maryville except here but it seems to me the big reason they do not play Ensworth or BA is that the game doesn't interest them that much as much as playing in their neighborhood. I love local rivalries and would love to see BA and BHS, especially this year. I loved the BGA FHS games. Not sure who ended that. And, I went to that Alcoa Maryville game in August. Wow!

One other thing Ive seen is sheer expense keeps some teams closer to home. I really never thought much about it on my private side but it was painfully obvious an issue on my public side.

Maybe we will see some common ground in the future.

They have zero problems out of your team. I know that's obvious as well but couldn't hurt to state it.

Alright? And I dunno about 0 problems. They gave up 41pts to a Farragut offense that I would consider slightly above average at best. So, zero problems is a bit ridiculous don't you think?

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

Alright? And I dunno about 0 problems. They gave up 41pts to a Farragut offense that I would consider slightly above average at best. So, zero problems is a bit ridiculous don't you think?

The last TD was scored on seconds so it was 60 to 34. I would call that no problem. Maryville could have put 2 to 3 additional scores up in the 4th but called the dogs off. Yeah.... I would consider that a no problem.

Edited by MLREB