South Pittsburg against Polk (Grider against this Davis man)

Roy Dillard

I know some don't want to hear it but one man does not make a team. Last week against Boyd Johnson forgot to block a couple of times and it seemed Vic was a little upset on the sidelines. He is probably one of the most talented runners the Pirates have ever had but it takes a team effort to win and that means you have to do the little things when you are not running the ball. Maybe Vic was sending a message. Maybe not. I don't know but maybe we will see on down the road

I think in the Boyd game everyone could have done a better job blocking.

Seems Boyd was in our backfield all nite.

SP won last nite despite all the procedure penalties,offsides,putting the ball on the ground.

You name it..SP overcame it...Hats off on a great team win.

Nothing from here on out will be easy..nor should it.

Gonna take everyone doing whatever it takes to get the job done.

Good Luck to Polk from here on out.

GO PIRATES!!

Congratulations to the Pirates. This was a great game. Both teams should hold their heads up for playing hard, both teams should see the opportunitty to get better. There were alot of mistakes on both sides of the ball, especially during the first half. If either team had eliminated their first half turnovers this would have been a different game. Good luck to the Pirates in week 10 and in the playoffs. For Polk, y'all go to Meigs, stay healthy, don't be baited into bad sportsmanship by them Decatur boys, and get ready for the toughest Quad in 3A.

Here's my perspective of officiating in general and officiating in this game.

I don't complain about officiating, I may disagree with a missed call, but you can't complain about holds or illegal blocks or things that you can't see. Because you can't be looking at everything that 5 or 6 officials are looking at. There were a few calls when Polk visited Signal, series extending calls on 4th down stops, but did you read anything about that? I don't think it was mentioned on here. Complaining about refs on here just makes you look like a whiner, because there are just as many folks that see things the opposite way you did.

As for last night... what part of offsides can you argue. You guys jumped on the hard count 5 or 6 times, those are pretty simple calls. Illegal procedure or illegal formation are easy too, y'all ahd 3 or 4 of those. But I don't know, I don't check every formation, do you? I did see the 11th man running toward the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped on the extra point, I did see #4 throw a forearm to the head of a running back that had been tackled and the whistle had blown. SP's crowd, all 100 of them, were booing on a kick that went out of bounds thinking it was touched and the play was on the home side, I assure you, that ball was atleast 5 feet from being touched. I think y'all benefited from an interference call, the ball was tipped by the DB in front of the WR before the other DB hit him. It could have been called unnecessary roughness for launching or helmet to helmet, but it wasn't interference.

Sorry for the length of this, but I don't like whining about the refs, play the game with sound fundamentals and take it out of their hands.

wow all that for asking your opinion? Gee wiz no need for be a smart butt? Excuse me? I hope polk goes far so n tbe playoffs and Santa still comes see you for Christmas!

Let me ask you a question. Why did Grider cause our boys to get a delay of game penalty to start the last quarter. Grider had plenty of time during the break to no what play to run. What kind of mess is this? Grider could have cost us the game by getting a penalty like that. You know what I mean? I saw that Davis man aka Captain Jack sparrow last night at his dads stadium. He really needs to trim that mustache next year when he makes his picture for my Murphy Fair book. You think im joking but im not.

The ref signal was ejection but maybe not. It is up to the refs to turn it in or not.

pirate Mke i wasnt disputing anyone its just that the SP stat keeper traveled with us last night I was told he was pulled out by coaches not ref.However i could have been told wrong but i would have to believe this guy knows what he is talking about. Stat keeper should know right? Oh well? Edited by BABIEC