DB.....is this the year?

BVDevil

I've seen Maryville teams that look like you might do this and that against them before,but it's never that easy.Even if DB does get past Maryville,there will be two more monsters with a whole different kind of team waiting.So,a whole lot of work before this matchup and a whole lot more waiting for the winner of the east, whoever that is,I just hope to have that chance to watch DB play in this one first

Batman , I don't think many people realize just how good Whitehaven was last year , Maryville and Whitehaven were both on an entirely different level last year compared to Everybody else , If Whitehaven is just as good as last year they will more than likely win it all . It would be either Siegel or Whitehaven , not 2 Monsters , just 1 . There's probably 5 or 6 teams that have a good chance of winning , it really just depends on what team brings it's A game in the Playoffs.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batman , I don't think many people realize just how good Whitehaven was last year , Maryville and Whitehaven were both on an entirely different level last year compared to Everybody else , If Whitehaven is just as good as last year they will more than likely win it all . It would be either Siegel or Whitehaven , not 2 Monsters , just 1 . There's probably 5 or 6 teams that have a good chance of winning , it really just depends on what team brings it's A game in the Playoffs.

Pepvol is exactly right about Whitehaven. I still can't believe Maryville beat them. I think some may not fully appreciate how huge and powerful Whitehaven was and is now. Siegel will have their hands full. I know most feel it's DB and Maryville in the East, but is their someone else that could legitimately contend for the title of Quad 1 & 2?

When I watched Maryville play this year there was several things that stood out to me. The line play was fantastic. The QB was the most accurate I have seen, very crisp passes, didn't get rattled in the pocket. Prevo is a baller, an above average runner with great determination. The defensive backs are small but fast. They take their calls each play from the coordinator on the sidelines and, you guessed it he knows what he's doing.---- I know what Dobyns Bennett has and I believe Malik Foreman and company are going to surprise a few in the playoffs this year but would love to have caught a Whitehaven or Siegel game.

To be honest,I thought Siegel would be in the same slot as Riverdale was in last year,which was a semifinal game for Maryville.Even if I'm wrong,that still leaves a whole lot of work

As long as you have to play Maryville to adavance it will not be your YEAR.

That's a pretty easy statement to make and will in fact cover most teams on most years.Were way past that however and both DB and Maryville fans that know the game,realize that winning the east this year is just the start and the team that moves west will have to up their game even more.

my guess is there's probably still alot of gun shy DB fans because of the one and done a couple years ago at the hands of......well, im drawing a blank now...but it was a really bad team that had no biz beating DB, or anyone else for that matter....what's the old saying...fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me....im guessing there's quite a few Tribesters our there that are thinking " fool me 5 or 6 times ........."....I beleive it was einstein that said something like " doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity"....or something like that....point being, after watching DB bow out early year after year, my guess is most DB fans are in " show me" mode this year.

you're thinking of my governors, it was painted as a big upset but wb was the better team that year, we were loaded.

That's a pretty easy statement to make and will in fact cover most teams on most years.Were way past that however and both DB and Maryville fans that know the game,realize that winning the east this year is just the start and the team that moves west will have to up their game even more.

The west definatly has some contenders.

Don't start this "is this the year?" junk again gentlemen. All the Indians need to be focused on is the Volunteer Falcons and big ol' Conner Trent. We've been talking about "is this the year" since 1969. I love D-B, played there, can spout off the names and stats like Rain Man like many of you guys, but let's stay focused on winning the next game before we start making room in the trophy case for that elusive gold ball. Roll Tribe!

Don't start this "is this the year?" junk again gentlemen. All the Indians need to be focused on is the Volunteer Falcons and big ol' Conner Trent. We've been talking about "is this the year" since 1969. I love D-B, played there, can spout off the names and stats like Rain Man like many of you guys, but let's stay focused on winning the next game before we start making room in the trophy case for that elusive gold ball. Roll Tribe!

Well, the thread was started by a Greeneville fan, believe it or not lol...But, i agree with you. I think DB has a chance to make a run this year. Time will tell, i guess.

I agree,take them one at at time.I'm not to worried about tonights game however.If you can't beat the Falcons this year for goodness sakes,just turn in the football stuff and go to the house. Anyone that pulls for DB would have not started this thread in the first place unless they didn't know how tough the competition is going to be in 2012.BVD knows it's going to be tough for DB and the team he pulls for this year,probably just wondered how many DB fans lacked the football knowledge and would bite.

You are 100% correct !