Big 8 - Week 9

voltnh

So in conclusion, you believe the talent level at South now is the same as it was then? And you believe there is something wrong with the coaches there now? Can you answer these two directly?

I'm not going to do your research. Get our there and talk to the last few years players and parents.But then again, I can see you already know it all.

I am thoroughly dismayed at the short sighted giddiness which has been displayed at SS's move to 4A. Check out TriCities Sports. This is what I see happening:

1. Loss of Revenue

2. Loss of Exposure

3. Loss of Talent

4. Increased Travel Time

5. Loss of Enthusiasm

6. Loss of long time Rivalries

Etc.

They may get a few extra wins, but at what cost?

The only ones that will really benefit will be Johnson County, Unicoi, etc.'s visitor gate. Oh, and of course the ccaches will quickly look world class.

Just all around not good. They should move up.

I am thoroughly dismayed at the short sighted giddiness which has been displayed at SS's move to 4A. Check out TriCities Sports. This is what I see happening:

1. Loss of Revenue

2. Loss of Exposure

3. Loss of Talent

4. Increased Travel Time

5. Loss of Enthusiasm

6. Loss of long time Rivalries

Etc.

They may get a few extra wins, but at what cost?

The only ones that will really benefit will be Johnson County, Unicoi, etc.'s visitor gate. Oh, and of course the ccaches will quickly look world class.

Just all around not good. They should move up.

South's current conference opponents:

DB

Daniel Boone

SHS

THS

Central

David Crockett

Volunteer

New conference opponents:

North

Betsy

East

Johnson County

Unicoi County

Happy Valley

All of those new conference opponents were on South's schedule just a few years back. And you probably wouldn't have to twist the arms of the ADs at Tennessee High, Boone, or Greeneville to get a non-conference game. Probably won't get SHS or DB and if either of them schedule South next year it won't help their programs. With the possibility of Cherokee joining the conference they would be playing at least 8 5A schools (or 9 in Science Hill's case if they renew with either Greeneville or Mo'West) which will do nothing for them come playoff time.

Winning more games would hopefully alleviate 3 or 4 of the problems you listed.

Dude,I just wish one thing.Could you tell me how you get that SHILL is #1?They havnt proved anything,and as far as who they've played there D is there weak spot.There scoring alot of points but look at what they've given up.

They are ranked that way according to the TSSAA's criteria. Their ranking will, however, change after Week 10 win they lose to DB.

Dude,I just wish one thing.Could you tell me how you get that SHILL is #1?They havnt proved anything,and as far as who they've played there D is there weak spot.There scoring alot of points but look at what they've given up.

Dude, Science Hill is like 8-0. Im no Science Hill fan but you got to say their the real deal. So why shouldn't they be #1. And by the way......How many screen names you got now? Must be about 20 or so.

As others have said, that seeding was based on the TSSAA playoff standings. More specifically, the 2nd tiebreaker criterion after overall victories is games against teams which have won 50% of their games, which benefits Science Hill. Ceteris paribus, no one would say Science Hill, or any other school for that matter, deserves to be "ranked" ahead of Maryville.

As others have also said, this will be sorted out next week in Kingsport.

Ya feel me, bro?

• Upvote 1