McMinn at Soddy Daisy

SDFOOTBALLFAN

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word in the press box is that 6 players, 3 from each team, were ejected during the fracas. TSSAA will be reviewing the video to see if more could be ejected. You can't leave the bench for ANY reason if there is a fight on the field. The players that were ejected will be suspended for next week's game for Soddy-Daisy vs Warren County and McMinn County hosting Bradley Central.

Not sure why the fight started, but just one more reason to terminate the Soddy coaching staff. What a joke !

I agree. There have been more than one "scuffle" over the past 2 or 3 years with other teams. One that comes to mind is the Signal Mountain 7-7 fiasco. All along I thought the instigator was Price, but now I have to wonder. This is just pathetic. Soddy-Daisy is the laughing stock of the Chattanooga area.

Soddy coaches have to go. Last night was totally chaos. They have no control over the kids. Sometimes things just don't work and this is one of those times when u just have to cut your losses and start from scratch. That being said Soddy has very little talent only a hand full of kids that could play at any other high school around. Somethings are going to have to change quick or Soddy could go defeated next year.

I agree. There have been more than one "scuffle" over the past 2 or 3 years with other teams. One that comes to mind is the Signal Mountain 7-7 fiasco. All along I thought the instigator was Price, but now I have to wonder. This is just pathetic. Soddy-Daisy is the laughing stock of the Chattanooga area.

Well, when you have the PA guy calling out a team and their fans saying they would whip us in the stands .... <shrug>

Here is Soddy's record for the last 5 years 2008 belongs to Slaughter( not including playoff games)

2008 8-2

2009 5-5

2010 6-4

2011 4-6

2012 at best can finish 3-7

I hope you are not trying to say Slaughter is the answer because if you remember he lost to Soddy this year and is sitting at 4-5 and probably going to lose to Tyner this week. If he can only go 4-6 at Red Bank I dont see him being what Soddy needs.

I hope you are not trying to say Slaughter is the answer because if you remember he lost to Soddy this year and is sitting at 4-5 and probably going to lose to Tyner this week. If he can only go 4-6 at Red Bank I dont see him being what Soddy needs.

Its a matter of finding the round peg that fits the round hole. I promise you I talked to alot of Hixson parents before the season and none of them were to keen on Fitzgerald, but he just happens to be a great fit for Hixson where he wasn't at Rhea.

The 2007 record was 2-8. Just because you're successfull at one school may not translate to all other schools. Everything has to come together...Coaches, Kids, Parents and Community. My biggest point was that the talent just didn't get amazing for just one year.

Great post Foozballman. I totally understand why he left for Cleveland but you can not help but wonder what kind of teams he would have had in the two years after he left Soddy Daisy and where the program would be at right now. There were definitely all of the ingredients in place to have some sustained success. As you said round peg, round hole.