Science hill at Dobyns-Bennett

LGVol

Thanks for the vote of confidence...Sweet Science

I don't think with these 2 high powered offenses that either team will really be able to fully stop the other, but DB will be able to stop SH more then SH will be able to stop DB. But, i have been wrong...Only like once in my life lol jk...I wish both teams the best.

Edited by SweetScience

i do think that despite the great season by sh it truly does come down to this time of the year..great season and many strides but the real mark of progress still comes down to db....i know that the spread has been brutal the last couple of years (spread 40 to 50 points the last couple of years)...this seems a team ready to make the final jump...good luck sh

I'm gonna put my true and honest thoughts into words about this game next week. I'll be surprised if DB punts the ball more than twice in this one. The Hill lacks enough defense to win this one. For SH to win, DB has to make some critical mistakes.

Indians by 14+

I hope I'm wrong! mellow.png

Atmosphere should be electric!!! roflolk.gif

Edited by The Hill

Alas, we have come to it.

17 years, 11 months, 29 days, that's how long it will have been on Friday since SH last beat DB. It has been even longer since SH beat DB at J. Fred, that is closer to 30 years.

Both teams 9-0, playing for a conference championship and possible No. 1 seed in the playoffs. And it is SH vs. DB; if these two schools played each other in twiddly winks, a crowd would gather to watch it.

Clearly, both teams can put points on the board, but can SH slow down DB enough to hang with them is the burning question.

I'm not even going to attempt to guess how this one turns out. We could see 100 points scored, we could see 20. I just hope to see a competitive game into the 3rd quarter.

Should be a packed house at the foot/base ball field. Gates opening at 5:30...geez.

DB outscored their first 5 opponents 249-75 not exactly shoot outs but the competition managed to score. The last 4 games DB outscored their opponents 261-24 and recorded 3 shut-outs. Science Hill seemed to try and flex their offensive muscle last night on Tennessee High, kind of seemed like they were trying to send a message by outscoring the tribe, then again almost 50 was hung on Science Hill's defense. So it might lead one to believe DB had the better defense but Science Hills passing strength plays right against DBs weakness. As far as Science Hill stopping the four horsemen; it's not gona happen but emotions will be high in this game and big swings are bound to happen. It's the biggest game of the year in NET and it's no mystery to anyone i'm sure all the players will be ready for this one.

One thing about it. Its going to be exciting. My gut feeling says that DB wins by whatever they want. I'm just finally glad to see a game coming to get excited about. Best Science Hill team ever? Best DB team ever? Were going to find out next Friday night. Two great offenses. Reed Hayes is putting up some impressive numbers and Foreman is putting on show in every aspect of the game. Thia might set an attendance record at J Fred Johnson this week. I hope for a true test to get ready for the playoffs. I going to predict my score.

DB 63 Science Hill 21. And I would love to have the #1 seed and potentially get a home game for round #3 against Maryville. I just don't know how it will play out. Beating S Hill should give us some points to secure it. ROLL TRIBE

DB outscored their first 5 opponents 249-75 not exactly shoot outs but the competition managed to score. The last 4 games DB outscored their opponents 261-24 and recorded 3 shut-outs.

An observation for what its worth. Many or most of the points scored in these games occured after the game was over and the 2nd and 3rd strings were playing. Only the better teams scored against the starters. So I'd say at least 50% of the opponent scores were 'give aways' to let the younger kids get some experience.