York @ Smith County

glover

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me some stats 'twan. Somebody bound to have had a big game with 87 points scored!

Don't know exactly...but Manning had about 215 and Gregory had over 200 rushing also. YAI qb had close to 100 rushing in the 1st half...I think they had close if not 400 yds of offense. I do know both teams combined for over 1000 total yards.

Guest Termite

Terrible defense tonight. Way,way too many missed tackles. BUT it was the veer and has always gave us trouble. Anyone that has the players that can run it makes the owls look silly sometimes. York many times, MC in 2010, Marion Co. in 2008 just to name a few veer problems. And the freshman saftey got caught miss timing his jump or taking a bad angle a time or two. But he has played well all year and that's part of learning.....

Also ,we had some costly penalties which is unusual for a Maynord team and sure all this will be adjusted.

Good win, I'll take it. We kept the fans in the seats tonight. My only question about the offense tonight is........we're up a couple of scores, York seems to be gasping for air and throw a pick with maybe 8 minutes left. They haven't stopped the run all night. But instead of keep running it, moving the chains and running the clock, we decide the wheel route was in order......and give it right back with a pick. They go down and score. They got new life and are back in the game. Why?? I know if we hit it, it's a great call. I'm not a coach, don't claim to be, wouldn't want to be and wouldn't trade one of our coaches for anybody, but sometimes I just have scratch my head and try to figure out what we're thinking.....

Edited by Termite

If SC doesn't beat YI bad then playoffs are a waste of time.

I think you will be happy to get a win after you see them play.

I was very impressed with their offense and their play calling was the best I have seen in a while.

I have watched them. I have also watched a bunch of football the last 25 years. I stand behind my previous post. I know a good playoff caliber team when I see one.

Just wondering if you changed your mind any after tonight, or if you still think the playoffs are going to be a waste of time for SC?

Just wondering if you changed your mind any after tonight, or if you still think the playoffs are going to be a waste of time for SC?

Tigerman, you are right, that was a very good football team who was not afraid to take chances. After a run call on third and over 15, at the end of the game, which we failed on, we are very fortunate to have won. Maybe we were trying to lose to get an easier team in the playoffs and it just didn't work out. lol

Tigerman, you are right, that was a very good football team who was not afraid to take chances. After a run call on third and over 15, at the end of the game, which we failed on, we are very fortunate to have won. Maybe we were trying to lose to get an easier team in the playoffs and it just didn't work out. lol

That hollow win against a White House team without 5 starters may have you boys feeling a little more over confident than you should be. Look what the mighty Sycamore Eagles done to the Blue Devils. Westmoreland may not have showed their entire hand till this point as well. Just a thought little guys.