Oakland vs RIverdale

ccdad

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once your school turns 4, you have the same chance as everyone else. It's not like expansion because you don't draft. Ravenwood was 4 when they won. Also. They suck now and Blackman can talk crap about them even though they've "never sniffed" a title. Only fans care about tradition. I don't think players (and maybe not even coaches) do. Just my two cents.

If you have a school/community with a good tradition, you will have kids growing up wanting to play for that school. Most of them will also come into the program expecting to win, which can be a mental hurdle at some places that haven't experienced much success.

Tradition doesn't win games by itself, because it's abstract. Talent and coaching wins games, but tradition certainly helps.

If you have a school/community with a good tradition, you will have kids growing up wanting to play for that school. Most of them will also come into the program expecting to win, which can be a mental hurdle at some places that haven't experienced much success.

Tradition doesn't win games by itself, because it's abstract. Talent and coaching wins games, but tradition certainly helps.

Great points. Anybody who says tradition doesn't matter at all, simply has no tradition. Like Pepvol said..Tradition certainly doesn't win games, but to say the players don't care about it is simply wrong. It's what gives the kids the pride to play for their chosen school.

I'm out of town and did not get to see the game. Per the DNJ understand Woodruff injured an ankle. Were there other injuries as well?

Sounds like the defense played their butts off...good to see the defense and kicking game pick up the offense to get a win. Great job!!

Riverdale making a first time visit to Cane Ridge for some playoff action. Wish the team was healthy but you just got to figure out a way to win anyway. I think CP is a natural for this offense and can carry the load if needed.

If anyone gets any inury updates please share. Hope all the injured players for Oakland are OK. Must have been one heck of a physical football gme.

Don't understand the two times Oakland elected to go for fourth down conversions in the first half when they could have kicked field goals. One was a 4th and 11. One attempt would've been inside 30, the other inside the 20 with the wind at their back. Kicking game that bad or poor gamble on coaches? Make one of two and you tie, make both you win.

Don't understand the two times Oakland elected to go for fourth down conversions in the first half when they could have kicked field goals. One was a 4th and 11. One attempt would've been inside 30, the other inside the 20 with the wind at their back. Kicking game that bad or poor gamble on coaches? Make one of two and you tie, make both you win.

I got taken to task earlier this week for saying this but it's true. If looks could win Oakland would be undefeated. The questions are in the headset.popcorneater.gif