Fairview @ Smith County

Jacketman89

Having been to both facilities, the Brickyard is BEAUTIFUL and such a phenomenal place to watch a game. The Hole is nice, but not like that.

Now my good buddy, we don't want the HOLE to be BEAUTIFUL. That is the last thing we want. We want it to be a snot-slobbering-dangnabbit-loud facility that it is known for. Beautiful is not in our vocabulary related to the HOLE!!!

Edited by scooter

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now my good buddy, we don't want the HOLE to be BEAUTIFUL. That is the last thing we want. We want it to be a snot-slobbering-dangnabbit-loud facility that it is known for. Beautiful is not ion our vocabularity related to the HOLE!!!

Understood. I've left there many times feeling pretty helpless.

I've been told our visitor side seats between 12 to 13 hundred. I have been to the Fairview stadium last time Westmoreland played them. Fairview field is easily accessable. The ground is nice and flat around the stadium. They had the money for excavation work I guess. I had no trouble parking because they have plenty parking spots. I go to SC and have to park in the ditches and thats several hours before game time. I hope the elderly from Fairview bring a driver so they can be dropped off and someone park for them. It could be dangerous for an older more less agile person. I guess this adds to the mystique of the stadium. Not to mention one year we played SC and they didnt mow the grass before the game and it was knee high. I think they were allowing a local farmer to use it to cut hay off of that year. It served for a 2 fold plan to slow fast runners down and to help the local farmers have plenty hay ground.

Visitor seats at WM is about 250. Seating at SC, visitor side is 1000. The rest is typical BS as is typical for Lickus.

Edited by scooter

No one said he was a recruit.to fairview. Postman said ensworth recruit. i know hes from fairview. saw him play for the Falcons in middle school

Postman is NOT a SC fan. He will say anything to promote his cause. You will learm to take Lickus with a grain of salt. Just don't pay any attention to his dissolutional posts.

Well it's Monday morning. Both ball clubs get back to work today. For all of us fans, the clock can't move fast enough! Hope all the young men have a safe and healthy week of practice, and both teams are at full steam Friday night. Jacket Pride!

DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO GET TO THE HOLE: Take I40 East, toward Knoxville, to exit 258 (Carthage-Gordonsville) exit. Turn left toward Carthage and go to the first stop light. Wal-Mart will be on the right. Turn left and go thru town to Sonic, on the left, and turn right.. Continue up a hill, school on the right, and the Hole is at the bottom of the hill in a hole. OR you can go to the 2nd traffic light, Mcdonalds on the left, turn left on Main Street and go to Sonic, on right, and turn left. There are 4 parking lots to park in - one in front of the school, one behind the school, one beside the indoor practice facility, and one between the gym and football field. If you get there late, yes you will have to park on the street. We usually have large crowds and homefolks know to get there early to get a good parking place. Our facilitys are good: you will have a concesskion stand on your side, bathrooms on your side, a graveyard is directly behind you and a large group of scandals will have a large fire build on the side of the hill to your right, not inside the stadium. Warning, don't make any intimidating remarks to them. If you want to eat before/after the game, just as you get off the interstate and turn toward Carthage, the Timber Loft is on the left and is an EXCELLENT place to eat. All FV fans and all other fans please be safe to/from Carthage, get here early and enjoy the festivities of the Hole. I hope we can stay with you with all your speed and all I have ever heard about FV is top notch program and fans. If you beat us, after the game we shake your hand and invite you back and if we win we will do the same. Heck, if you are real hungry, we'll even invite you home with us for a home cooked meal. Good luck to both teams and injury free.

Edited by scooter

Driving directions to get to the HOLE: Take I40 East, toward Knoxville, to exit 258 (Carthage-Gordonsville) exit. Turn left toward Carthage and go to the first stop light. Wal-Mart will be on the right. Turn left and go thru town to Sonic, on the left, and turn right.. Continue up a hill, school on the right, and the Hole is at the bottom of the hill in a hole. OR you can go to the 2nd traffic light, Mcdonalds on the left, turn left on Main Street and go to Sonic, on right, and turn left. There are 4 parking lots to park in - one in front of the school, one behind the school, one beside the indoor practice facility, and one between the gym and football field. If you get there late, yes you will have to park on the street. We usually have large crowds and homefolks know to get there early to get a good parking place. Our facilitys are good: you will have a concesskion stand on your side, bathrooms on your side, a graveyard is directly behind you and a large group of scandals will have a large fire build on the side of the hill to your right, not inside the stadium. Warning, don't make any intimidating remarks to them. If you want to eat before/after the game, just as you get off the interstate and turn toward Carthage, the Timber Loft is on the left and is an EXCELLENT place to eat. All FV fans and all other fans please be safe to/from Carthage, get here early and enjoy the festivities of the Hole. I hope we can stay with you with all your speed and all I have ever heard about FV is top notch program and fans. If you beat us, after the game we shake your hand and invite you back and if we win we will do the same. Heck, if you are real hungry, we'll even invite you home with us for a home cooked meal. Good luck to both teams and injury free.

Old town hospitality right there. Can only appreciate it.

Wanted to drop off some intra district love for the Owls. Take it to 'em Friday!

I picked you guys to win 44-13 on another post. Keep up the good work. Hope all the sickness is gone and all heathy. Best of luck - dang you have three excellent and quick/fast backs. I'm still trying to find the ball.

I'm speaking for SC but I bet LA and DC will say the same thing: the ONE team on our schedule that I would not want to play again is YAI.

Edited by scooter