Fairview @ Smith County

Jacketman89

In an early post someone wanted to know the size of the offensive line for SC: Tackles - 305 and 273, guards: 257 and 293, center - 225, tight ends: 200 and 185.

I just found a roster that confirms what you say. Looks like a good stable of huge underclassmen y'all got too. Well there's no doubt of a a size difference in the trenches. We'll have to strap up tight for this one.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found a roster that confirms what you say. Looks like a good stable of huge underclassmen y'all got too. Well there's no doubt of a a size difference in the trenches. We'll have to strap up tight for this one.

We usually have 90 plus kids out for football. We have a state of the art indoor practice facility, not paid for by the county but by boosters, that is a tremendous help to our program. Practice for next year will begin after the season is over, I hope not Monday. If you consider this winter woking 5 days a week on agility drills and weights-it has to help a program. The facility is not only used for football, it is used by boys/girls BB, cheerleaders, dance team, baseball and softball. It can also be used if the school had to be evacuated and the students had to go somewhere out of the weather. It has all the bells and whistiles, artificial turf and so on. Several colleges who do not have a IF have come to Carthage to look at the facility in hope of building one. Our boosters are also building a new baseball field and a new softball field. As you can see, our boosters are very active in all sports.

Edited by scooter

We usually have 90 plus kids out for football. We have a state of the art indoor practice facility, not paid for by the county but by boosters, that is a tremendous help to our program. Practice for next year will begin after the season is over, I hope not Monday. If you consider this winter woking 5 days a week on agility drills and weights-it has to help a program. The facility is not only used for football, it is used by boys/girls BB, cheerleaders, dance team, baseball and softball. It can also be used if the school had to be evacuated and the students had to go somewhere out of the weather. It has all the bells and whistiles, artificial turf and so on. Several colleges who do not have a IF have come to Carthage to look at the facility in hope of building one. Our boosters are also building a new baseball field and a new softball field. As you can see, our boosters are very active in all sports.

i wouldnt go on here saying practice for next year starts when.season.is.over. pretty sure that would be a.tssaa violation.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO GET TO THE HOLE: Take I40 East, toward Knoxville, to exit 258 (Carthage-Gordonsville) exit. Turn left toward Carthage and go to the first stop light. Wal-Mart will be on the right. Turn left and go thru town to Sonic, on the left, and turn right.. Continue up a hill, school on the right, and the Hole is at the bottom of the hill in a hole. OR you can go to the 2nd traffic light, Mcdonalds on the left, turn left on Main Street and go to Sonic, on right, and turn left. There are 4 parking lots to park in - one in front of the school, one behind the school, one beside the indoor practice facility, and one between the gym and football field. If you get there late, yes you will have to park on the street. We usually have large crowds and homefolks know to get there early to get a good parking place. Our facilitys are good: you will have a concesskion stand on your side, bathrooms on your side, a graveyard is directly behind you and a large group of scandals will have a large fire build on the side of the hill to your right, not inside the stadium. Warning, don't make any intimidating remarks to them. If you want to eat before/after the game, just as you get off the interstate and turn toward Carthage, the Timber Loft is on the left and is an EXCELLENT place to eat. All FV fans and all other fans please be safe to/from Carthage, get here early and enjoy the festivities of the Hole. I hope we can stay with you with all your speed and all I have ever heard about FV is top notch program and fans. If you beat us, after the game we shake your hand and invite you back and if we win we will do the same. Heck, if you are real hungry, we'll even invite you home with us for a home cooked meal. Good luck to both teams and injury free.

large group of scandals will have a large fire build on the side of the hill to your right, not inside the stadium. Warning, don't make any intimidating remarks to them.Hey..I be one of them 'scandals'..lol...Good Luck FV..will be behind you cheering for the OWLS..If ya get cold come on up next to the fire.May be a cold one laying round somewhere..lol

large group of scandals will have a large fire build on the side of the hill to your right, not inside the stadium. Warning, don't make any intimidating remarks to them.Hey..I be one of them 'scandals'..lol...Good Luck FV..will be behind you cheering for the OWLS..If ya get cold come on up next to the fire.May be a cold one laying round somewhere..lol

haha. why would he say dont.make.any intimidatin remarks? being sarcastic or has there been an altercation.before? cold one with a bonfire.and.friday night lights sounds fantastic

I tell you what, sounds like you folks take your football pretty dang serious up there in Carthage! I like the place already!

haha. why would he say dont.make.any intimidatin remarks? being sarcastic or has there been an altercation.before? cold one with a bonfire.and.friday night lights sounds fantastic

he may have heard something..I aint seen nothing..thats my story and i'm sticking to it..lol...But seriously I dont remember any altercations..have been a few words slung back an forth..you know how hillbillies get when they get in the jar..lol

Trucks with big tires, chewing tobacco, pregnant 13 yr old girls, rocking chairs, overhauls, hounddogs, yelling hoot hoot, cow bells, beer, bad grammar, trucker hats, men with a work shirt with their name on it with oil stained hands, Brenda's resterant with the chick with 3 teeth. Al Gore, and uneducated democrats, trailerparks and happy J's skating rink. Oh yeah, I can't wait. I just can't wait to hear the excuses when SC looses another 1st round game. Let's just wait and see what happens. You can post this up on the board all you want, not going to matter. Just being real. Oh yeah Happy China is not good either.