Fairview @ Smith County

Jacketman89

I agree that they are the top 2 teams in the class but I won't sell anyone who has hade a great season short just yet. Cheatham, Milan, South Gibson, CPA, Camden, Smith County, Westmoreland, Fairview, etc. are all deserving of a chance because all are teams that have solid bodies of work. Tomorrow night on the Cubs Fan Page we will release a team-by-team breakdown of the 3A state playoff field. I hope you read it.

Good Luck to both teams in this one. I have a lot of respect for both of these teams and their players/coaches. This will make for a great battle.

I hear you. Let's say everyone else has little chance of beating Alcoa or CAK. Thanks for the props...I agree...this should be a good battle.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you. Let's say everyone else has little chance of beating Alcoa or CAK. Thanks for the props...I agree...this should be a good battle.

I dont know. Too much athleticism in the Fairview skilled positions. It might be more like a scurmish instead of a battle. Kind of like a flea on a dogs rear end. Its irritating for a while, but in the end the dog easily scratches it off. Fairview being the dog. What do you think of that Termite?

I dont know. Too much athleticism in the Fairview skilled positions. It might be more like a scurmish instead of a battle. Kind of like a flea on a dogs rear end. Its irritating for a while, but in the end the dog easily scratches it off. Fairview being the dog. What do you think of that Termite?

How would you know? Westy can't even compete with our farm team.

Guest Termite

What do I think?? Well......I think now your talking about something you know about. Dogs rear ends and fleas.thumb[1].gif

I agree that they are the top 2 teams in the class but I won't sell anyone who has hade a great season short just yet. Cheatham, Milan, South Gibson, CPA, Camden, Smith County, Westmoreland, Fairview, etc. are all deserving of a chance because all are teams that have solid bodies of work. Tomorrow night on the Cubs Fan Page we will release a team-by-team breakdown of the 3A state playoff field. I hope you read it.

Good Luck to both teams in this one. I have a lot of respect for both of these teams and their players/coaches. This will make for a great battle.

I agree. And this Smith Co. & Fairview game looks to be the biggest battle in the 3rd Qaud this week.

This one sure got quiet after a smoking start. Think I'm going to go watch and listen today at the walk thru and try and get a feel for where these Yellow Jackets are mentally, 1 day before game time. Smith County fans, I know there's ton of you guys listening. How's the mood in Carthage? The little old town of Fairview,Tn is a buzz with excitement about this one. Lots of pregame respect for the Hooters. Almost time to strap up!

This one sure got quiet after a smoking start.

Whew! I'm glad it did. It finally gave me the chance to get caught up! It's hard to spend a lot of time on the computer at work.... uhm....I mean on break, at work, yeah...... that's it, on break! :) I don't know anything other than what I've read on here about Fairview, but I do know it's hard to beat Smith Co. in "The Hole"! Sounds to me like it's going to be a great game, but I believe the Owls will pull off the victory and head to round 2.

Edited by PPride

If they beat Fairview they better be able to stop 10 and 21! Lots of respect to them kids! They will be playing at next level! I'm sure smith has some players like that as well, I just don't know as much about them.. If cheatham gets by Grundy, I hope our little ole guys can put up a fight for whoever wins.. Good luck again almost time..

If they beat Fairview they better be able to stop 10 and 21! Lots of respect to them kids! They will be playing at next level! I'm sure smith has some players like that as well, I just don't know as much about them.. If cheatham gets by Grundy, I hope our little ole guys can put up a fight for whoever wins.. Good luck again almost time..

Sounds like to me if Smith Co. can stop #10 and #21 they should win going away. But that might be a hard chore for the Owls. Like someone stated earlier, SC has had lots of trouble stopping the fast position players like LA-DeKalb had so guess we will see. I'm sure the SC coaches will throw in a new wrinkle to at least contain them. And on the other hand SC has several weapons not 1 or 2 several that the Jackets will have to defend. Could be a shootout much like the York game, but I like the Owls at home to win.

Haven't got to see the Owls play this year like yrs. past but they are always fundamentally sound and have a great coaching staff. The Owls may not have the speed like they have had in the past but I guarantee they will be stronger than Fairview and that takes its toll on a team later on in the game. Good luck OWLS and let the game be injury free.

Edited by Rocking Chair