Meadows is out at Knoxville Catholic

ExSpartan

I heard of this post season last year and again preseason this year from pretty knowledgeable sources. I guess we'll see in about 5 weeks or so. ( RANKIN to Catholic)

As my buddy Stars would say, "enterestin". I still think Alcoa does what it takes to keep Rankin.

As my buddy Stars would say, "enterestin". I still think Alcoa does what it takes to keep Rankin.

I doubt they will because most any good coach will win at Alcoa, and a good coach would get the job should he leave. Rankin is a very good coach but Alcoa is not a hard place for a good coach to have a dominant team year in and year out.

I doubt they will because most any good coach will win at Alcoa, and a good coach would get the job should he leave. Rankin is a very good coach but Alcoa is not a hard place for a good coach to have a dominant team year in and year out.

Somewhat true. I think everyone knows the next head coach is already there, and they feel confident in him, but one would have to wonder how many of the assistants Rankin would take with him, if he should leave. Sure, another coach can win at Alcoa, but if the staff was busted up, I don't know that they win at the level they are now, and by that I mean that they are not just good for 3A, they can play with anybody in the state regardless of classification.

Rankin will not go to Catholic. He did his due diligence when Pemberton left. He pulled out after he came to understand that he would not be able to choose his staff. He could have lived with one or maybe two of the Catholic staff that he would have had to take, but not the defensive coordinator. The DC got bounced after Rankin’s assessment proved the obvious after one season under Meadows. Same with the Strength & Conditioning program/provider(s)

This is one of the primary reasons Pemberton left Catholic, proving that both Pemberton & Rankin are superior to the AD and Principal when it comes to the evaluation of coaching talent and what it takes to have players conditioned to play both ways if required.

Whether Coach Gray or someone else winds up in the HC job, they will not have the authority to implement what needs to be done. Unfortunately the HC will be held accountable when the results continue to disappoint. Simply stated the AD and Principal demand the authority, but refuse to take ownership of the accountability.

Rankin will not go to Catholic. He did his due diligence when Pemberton left. He pulled out after he came to understand that he would not be able to choose his staff. He could have lived with one or maybe two of the Catholic staff that he would have had to take, but not the defensive coordinator. The DC got bounced after Rankin’s assessment proved the obvious after one season under Meadows. Same with the Strength & Conditioning program/provider(s)

This is one of the primary reasons Pemberton left Catholic, proving that both Pemberton & Rankin are superior to the AD and Principal when it comes to the evaluation of coaching talent and what it takes to have players conditioned to play both ways if required.

Whether Coach Gray or someone else winds up in the HC job, they will not have the authority to implement what needs to be done. Unfortunately the HC will be held accountable when the results continue to disappoint. Simply stated the AD and Principal demand the authority, but refuse to take ownership of the accountability.

You know more about Catholic than I do, but if they promote a head coach from within, I would venture to say that it was Meadows decision to leave, because it makes no sense for them to fire him and then promote someone already on staff to head coach. At least it makes no sense to me.