Meadows is out at Knoxville Catholic

ExSpartan

ND that's rite eye did fergit abowt tha WaterBoy beetin' GQ inn a gaim ov jax.....popcorneater.gif

I may have misunderstood but I thought Jake was talking about Rankin possibly going to Catholic and not having to play GQ anymore. I think Rankin is the only active coach with 2 wins on the football field against GQ, which is hard to fathom. GQ is one of those guys that probably wins at everything he does, including jacks, golf or anything else he wants to play. Generally speaking, winners are winners, regardless of the game.

I may have misunderstood but I thought Jake was talking about Rankin possibly going to Catholic and not having to play GQ anymore. I think Rankin is the only active coach with 2 wins on the football field against GQ, which is hard to fathom. GQ is one of those guys that probably wins at everything he does, including jacks, golf or anything else he wants to play. Generally speaking, winners are winners, regardless of the game.

Hits problee my misstaik ND.....Eye thawt ewe wuz talkin abowt Medduz....blush.png

Nice response by his daughter in the comments of the News-Senseless....rolleyes.gif

Acorns.

EDIT: I take that back...somewhat.

She gave some legit reasons as to why some of the things happened the way they did. Do I believe 100% of it? No. but there is some validity to the points she makes.

I would not want him coaching my kid or my team and that is all.

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge

APB, I saw the daughters response also. I have been critical of Scott for the way the WB thing was handled, I understood that he would have been crazy to turn down the money they offered him, I just thought it could have been handled differently with the kids at WB. I have never walked in his shoes and been through what he has been through, so maybe I should have never judged the situation at all.

With that being said, I do believe that he can coach, hopefully he will find somewhere that he can settle in and coach for many years. Good luck to Scott and his family, and good luck to whoever Catholic hires to replace him.

I don't think Quarles will figure into this decision. Heck, he is the only coach in recent ET history to beat Quarles and he has done it twice.

I agree ND, I didn't mean to imply that Rankin was scared to face GQ. He has had more success against GQ than anyone else. I was simply pointing out that with Catholic moving down, MHS would come off of the schedule, and that would be good for whoever takes the job.

I have never weighed in much on the Coach Meadows, suitcase, always moving etc. thing really. Kind of like Barney Fife; no time for a bunch of trivial trivialities. rolleyes.gif Don't know Coach Meadows personally, but have talked to him a time or two and always found him to come across as a really nice guy. Some coaches move around a lot and some don't. Coach Hammontree, formally at my alma mater has bounced around a lot. Not sure what transpired in terms of how he parted ways with WB, but if he bettered himself and his family by going to Catholic who could argue it? Sometimes things happen quickly, and due to that fact in retrospect you wish you could have had the time to handle them better. Catholic was a little on the ambitious side to move to 5A in the first place, especially with the district it put them in. They have what, 200 male students in the entire school?

Any who. Best of luck to Coach Meadows. Have heard comments like "I could have won state with the talent he had in 2000". A little too simple to be true. I think he can coach. His 2007 WB team must be one of their best ever. Just not sure why this guy is under the microscope by so many so often.

Edited by mhs

I have never weighed in much on the Coach Meadows, suitcase, always moving etc. thing really. Kind of like Barney Fife; no time for a bunch of trivial trivialities. rolleyes.gif Don't know Coach Meadows personally, but have talked to him a time or two and always found him to come across as a really nice guy. Some coaches move around a lot and some don't. Coach Hammontree, formally at my alma mater has bounced around a lot. Not sure what transpired in terms of how he parted ways with WB, but if he bettered himself and his family by going to Catholic who could argue it? Sometimes things happen quickly, and due to that fact in retrospect you wish you could have had the time to handle them better. Catholic was a little on the ambitious side to move to 5A in the first place, especially with the district it put them in. They have what, 200 male students in the entire school?

Any who. Best of luck to Coach Meadows. Have heard comments like "I could have won state with the talent he had in 2000". A little too simple to be true. I think he can coach. His 2007 WB team must be one of their best ever. Just not sure why this guy is under the microscope by so many so often.

Good post, MHS. I think people have been a bit too harsh on Meadows through the years. He has a lot of people who are defending him, who actually know him in the comment section of the newspaper feed online. I think i would take into account their opinion anyday, then i would a keyboard warrior who knows nothing of what they speak of and have a disdain for the guy for their own little messed up reason for it. I wish Scott the best, and pray him and his family find happiness somewhere else.

Edited by SweetScience

MHS, Catholic didn't choose to move to 5A/6A, the school was placed there by the TSSAA, I know the school was very much against it but the multiplier kind of forced the Irish hand. I thought Coach Meadows did a good job and he came across to me as genuine person and a class act who really cared for his players. I wish him the best.

Edited by QSouth89

MHS, Catholic didn't choose to move to 5A/6A, the school was placed there by the TSSAA, I know the school was very much against it but the multiplier kind of forced the Irish hand. I thought Coach Meadows did a good job and he came across to me as genuine person and a class act who really cared for his players. I wish him the best. Here's an interesting name for the coaching position at Catholic: Greg Adkins, former offensive line coach at the Univeristy of Tennessee and current assistant coach at Syracuse University. Family still lives in Knoxville, from what I hear there may be some interest on his part.

Oh i see. Just heard Jesse Smithey mention the male population yesterday on the radio. Hope the move down helps them; the numbers certainly justify it.