Boyd Buc @ Oneida

reaction

Wait I just read that y'all beat Hampton, so that means OS beat y'all last year right? If so, then how have y'all improved so much in a year, cause OS just flat out sucked last year

Magic CM, magic.

Well there has been a a HC change, several assistant coaches, restructuring of the offense, & defensive scheme change. But other than that, it's all magic ph34r.png

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reaction we've spent 20 pages now mostly either jabbin' at each other or us Oneida folks trying to defend our "right and privilege" to line up with the Bucs. How about throwing out some reasons the Bucs are a "worthy" opponent. Maybe some insight to your team would help the topic balance out a little.

Well we have 17 seniors that are ticked off and ready to finish the job after last years exit from the play offs. We lost our starting running back a couple games into the season to a ankle injury. He is a senior. Next guy stepped up, who is also a senior, and has rushed for over 1,000 yards. QB has done a little running and passing this year. He has ran for 600 and thrown for 700. We have a strong line with a lot of experience. A lot of these seniors have started since they were freshmen or sophomores. We have a strong defense that might bend a little at times, but rarely breaks.These guys are up for the task Friday night. It should be a good one.

Edited by reaction

Reaction we've spent 20 pages now mostly either jabbin' at each other or us Oneida folks trying to defend our "right and privilege" to line up with the Bucs. How about throwing out some reasons the Bucs are a "worthy" opponent. Maybe some insight to your team would help the topic balance out a little.

Ok Crow I'll add some. This is I see why Boyd wins or is a worthy opponent. We start with the Bucs line. We are not as big up front as years past but not small. The 1st thing you will notice is big #78 he is 6'3" 325lbs if he wants you out of the way he will move you. He has been a force lately for the D. #53 is not overly big about 6'2 240. He benches 340 or so I just like to know how to make him mad. # 55 plays both ways and goes 150% every play and plays with a lot of emotion. If you run you’re D with a nose guard plan on him not making any tackles at the line it very seldom happens. #56 on the D line gets overlooked but will surprised you. #63 freshman and will not blow you off the ball but has good fundamentals and stays in between the running back and the D-fence. #52 is linebacker and guard a little small but very intelligent on the field. #1 QB he is a coaches kid and is has one of the biggest desire to win. He has thrown for 700 yards and rushed around the same. # 15 over 1200 yard rusher and linebacker he is a 4.0 student that will knock your lights out. I could keep going but this post would be a couple pages. The thing is Crow I have no doubt that your team has hart but all these boys been thinking about is getting back to play FC team. And they do not care who they have to beat to get there. As you said before you do not have to be the better team just want it more and there is no one that wants to play FC more than Boyd. Since last year getting screwed by a blind out of position ref the team has worked their butts off to get back to them. I know you may say that we might overlook Oneida but I think not after last year. I have not seen such determination as these players.

Edited by buc55

Well we have 17 seniors that are ticked off and ready to finish the job after last years exit from the play offs. We lost our starting running back a couple games into the season to a ankle injury. He is a senior. Next guy stepped up, who is also a senior, and has rushed for over 1,000 yards. QB has done a little running and passing this year. He has ran for 600 and thrown for 700. We have a strong line with a lot of experience. A lot of these seniors have started since they were freshmen or sophomores. These guys are up for the task Friday night. It should be a good one.

There are numerous similarities between these 2 schools, at least on paper. We have 16 seniors, many of them on the line. Most of them were at least in the rotation as freshmen and sophomores. Don't know that we have any 1,000 yard backs but it is pretty common for us to have 3-4 backs with 60-80 yards each game. Occasionally we'll have one bust 100 but it's typically spread around pretty good. We are a senior heavy team with only 5 juniors but pretty big freshman and sophomore classes. I'm looking forward to y'all coming to town. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys before the game, I'm normally there plenty early.

Ok Crow I'll add some. This is I see why Boyd wins or is a worthy opponent. We start with the Bucs line. We are not as big up front as years past but not small. The 1st thing you will notice is big #78 he is 6'3" 325lbs if he wants you out of the way he will move you. He has been a force lately for the D. #53 is not overly big about 6'2 240. He benches 340 or so I just like to know how to make him mad. # 55 plays both ways and goes 150% every play and plays with a lot of emotion. If you run you’re D with a nose guard plan on him not making any tackles at the line it very seldom happens. #56 on the D line gets overlooked but will surprised you. #63 freshman and will not blow you off the ball but has good fundamentals and stays in between the running back and the D-fence. #52 is linebacker and guard a little small but very intelligent on the field. #1 QB he is a coaches kid and is has one of the biggest desire to win. He has thrown for 700 yards and rushed around the same. # 15 over 1200 yard rusher and linebacker he is a 4.0 student that will knock your lights out. I could keep going but this post would be a couple pages. The thing is Crow I have no doubt that your team has hart but all these boys been thinking about is getting back to play FC team. And they do not care who they have to beat to get there. As you said before you do not have to be the better team just want it more and there is no one that wants to play FC more than Boyd. Since last year getting screwed by a blind out of position ref the team has worked their butts off to get back to them. I know you may say that we might overlook Oneida but I think not after last year. I have not seen such determination as these players.

I agree that Boyd got hosed last year. Wasn't even close from the video. Heck, even after the bounce he was half a yard short. I think you've quoted someone else as me by mistake. I did not say the team with the most heart normally wins even if less talented. I do believe that to be the case from time to time. I have said numerous time I want both teams to perform to their full potential and for the BEST team to win. I hope we both do that & I hope we are the better team. I'm not saying we are but I hope so. I don't have the information needed to come out with a definitive answer to who the best team is right now. If it is Boyd then they deserve to win. Go back and check out the Greenback at Oneida thread, they brought it & got it. They got nothing but credit and respect for that, still getting it. We'll give credit where credit is due, like I said we'll shake your hand and look you in the eye win or lose. We can't do a thing about how good the Bucs are or how hard they prepare and play. All we can do is give our all in both preparation and performance. If it is good enough to win then great, if not then the other side deserved the W. If them Bucs want it that bad, well, all they gotta do is take it. We ain't known for giving anything away.

As for the "worthy" part, I have no doubt the Bucs are a very worthy opponent. I was using some phrasing there to convey the overall trend this thread had been having as to "why do you think Oneida can, should, will. . . Boyd). No disrespect meant at all. That's the short and long (mostly long this time icon_e_biggrin.gif ) of it.

Haven't been to Oneida since 1997 in the Quarterfinals of the monsoon bowl. I still remember that field. It reminded me alot like Grace last season. Does Oneida still have the log cabin look?

Yea still the same look. Of course when the owner of Barna log homes lives in your town there's a good chance of having that log cabin look. The materials for the field house, concession stand, and press box were donated by the late Jim Barna. He and his family were and continue to be supporters of our program.

6'3" 325......that would be a Sun Blocker. I'm assuming with those dimensions that someone would like to offer a line position to him. Sounds like the line is pretty strong one on that side. I'm guessing you have a rooting interest in #55 Buc? It is amazing how far the news travels these days....I got the same run through on Sunday. I think we are gonna enjoy watching this one. Not all of our linemen are that big but they all are very strong.....seen that myself. Obviously we will have to have leverage. Shaping up like I expect.

thumb[1].gif Kazpopcorneater.gif

6'3" 325......that would be a Sun Blocker. I'm assuming with those dimensions that someone would like to offer a line position to him. Sounds like the line is pretty strong one on that side. I'm guessing you have a rooting interest in #55 Buc? It is amazing how far the news travels these days....I got the same run through on Sunday. I think we are gonna enjoy watching this one. Not all of our linemen are that big but they all are very strong.....seen that myself. Obviously we will have to have leverage. Shaping up like I expect.

thumb[1].gif Kazpopcorneater.gif

Man if we can get big Jessie matched up with ole coppertone (get it. . .sun blocker icon_e_biggrin.gif ) that in itself would be a match up to watch. I'm not sure how big Jessie is but he's a big ole boy to. That might be the best match up on the field Friday if it happens.