South Pittsburg at Gordonsville (Grider against this Marshall man)

Roy Dillard

I felt like I just read a page of a personal IM between old tiger and tpay. I don't think it will be as easy as gville believes, but I am not sure SP has it in them this year against gville. Like we all keep saying, this is a BUNCH of 18 year old 3-4 year starters versus a bunch of 15-16 year old 1st or 2nd year starters. That makes a big difference.

Yes - experience matters. To stay calm & focused even when you get behind is a maturity thing. I hope we don't get behind & have to play catch up as that will demoralize our boys. They are young & will be up against a VERY mature team who won't make many mistakes. As David Wyatt says "Do what you do"....

What can I say? She loves me.

BTW, you know I was at the game, you even met the SS, herself.

I'm usually on the fence between the home bleachers and the scoreboard.

Croz, I will look you up before the game and show you my Murphy Fair book and share some hot cocoa and a fudge round. Please dont tell that Marshall man all this mess that Powerp and piratetom say. I garuntee you we dont need to make this Marshall man mad. You think im joking but im not.

Boy, TT, Ambassador, and PowerP are something else! Now I know this is high school football and two bunches of kids we are dealing with and anything can happen on a given night but I see this as being a very tough hard fought game. From what I have seen (yes I saw them) against Polk and Boyd I believe this is a three horse race with SP, Gordonsville, and Greenback all capable of winning!

Bahahaha man if you lose to this SP team Gordonsville doesn't deserve to win it. They have a boat load of experience, 20 plus SR's and plenty of size and playmakers!! Worst team since 2005 and If SP has any advantage it's speed but that hasn't helped this team with any of the good teams they have played this year. Still similar to 2006 team......Choke in big games..I hope I'm wrong but it won't be close unless they play the kinda game some say they can....... That Marshall man should be fired if he loses to this bunch! That is all

Good luck Pirates. Even though Ambassador has done everything but plant a RIP gravestone on the field I still believe SP is capable of competing against any 1A program in TN. Stay focused and don't beat yourselves. I've never seen a Pirate team show up anywhere whipped before the game starts; don't expect to hear about something like that this week either.

I wouldn't be so quick. Gordy has home field and that is big. However, I am not convinced FCS is as good as last year and don't know how they stack up to GCA and Boyd Buch.

I think FCS is 2 td's better than GCA and Boyd from what I saw, but that has nothing to do with this game.

It'll be tough, unless Gville can get up big and early. Johnson can change a game from anywhere so we'll see.

Once again most of the people who are predicting blow-outs are not tied to that school just trying to get a rise out of people. This is a game between two teams that every year I would say both schools look all year at what the other is doing. Since 2001 there has only been a couple of times they have not met in the play-offs. Since 2007 South Pitt has had Gordonsville's number, but prior to that it was pretty back and fourth. South Pitt's speed gives them a chance to win any game they play. I feel like Gordonsville has the advantage in the offensive and defensive fronts and South Pitt has an edge in the skill positions. This game will feature some of the best backs in 1A this year with Johnson, Lankford, Watson, and Cason with the four backs combined for close to if not over 5000 yards. We will just have to see how well Gordonsville handles a dog fight because they have not had their nose bloodied since August. I just hope which ever team can win this game can rebound for the rest of the play-offs because there will be an emotional letdown.