Silverdale at Grace Christian

DCBoysfan

Congrats to Will McKamey for his nomination of Back of the Year!

+1

He should win this award, not due to his awesome football career, but due to his outstanding academic accomplishments and community service (which is a huge part of the final vote).

4.3 GPA

31 ACT

Naval Academy Football Scholarship

That's my point. They went to the wire with CAK. Those cats (CAK) are a mystery to me this year, one week stone is in a shoot out with them, next GCA is a tight one, then so is Alcoa. Now I'm sorry but stone is no gca & gca is sure no Alcoa yet all 3 are tight games. Makes me scratch my head.

Crow: just thread hopping here and came across your thoughts on CAK. I think your observations are on target. I don't want to hijack this GCA thread, so I will be as brief as possible. CAK's staff are big believers in platooning. They are big believers in offense. They have limited numbers of skilled athletes, and they choose to use them on offense first. They are not into style points, they are happy to win 45-44. The past 2 years graduation has decimated the defensive side of the ball. The staff only uses the offensive players on the defensive side when they have to in order to secure the victory, which hasn't been often. If the staff had used the same D they did against Alcoa or Grace against most of the other teams we faced (ex: Stone) then those opponents would have scored maybe half of what they did. Scoring points on CAK this year is not a good indicator of strength. Hope that sheds a little more light on it. Now back to GCA and Silverdale

Edited by FootballDad

+1

He should win this award, not due to his awesome football career, but due to his outstanding academic accomplishments and community service (which is a huge part of the final vote).

4.3 GPA

31 ACT

Naval Academy Football Scholarship

A very deserveing young man on and off the field.

Crow: just thread hopping here and came across your thoughts on CAK. I think your observations are on target. I don't want to hijack this GCA thread, so I will be as brief as possible. CAK's staff are big believers in platooning. They are big believers in offense. They have limited numbers of skilled athletes, and they choose to use them on offense first. They are not into style points, they are happy to win 45-44. The past 2 years graduation has decimated the defensive side of the ball. The staff only uses the offensive players on the defensive side when they have to in order to secure the victory, which hasn't been often. If the staff had used the same D they did against Alcoa or Grace against most of the other teams we faced (ex: Stone) then those opponents would have scored maybe half of what they did. Scoring points on CAK this year is not a good indicator of strength. Hope that sheds a little more light on it. Now back to GCA and Silverdale

Enjoy Rusty while you got him......

We're trackin'. Not knockin' on y'all. I'm a big fan, coach Bradley runs a good program. I don't care if you only play 7 on defense Charlie & company could keep you in the hunt.

It's late enough, I'm givin' the nod to GCA in this one going away. I'm saying 41-17.

"Playoffs, You wanna talk about What? PLAYOFFS!!!???"

Why yes, Jim Mora, we do want to talk about the playoffs! It's been a long time for the Rams. This group of Seniors were peach fuzz faced freshmen the last time GCA took the field in the playoffs. That's a long time to wait.

The Rams continue toward their ultimate goal tonight with a win over Silverdale, 34-21.

i wouldn't count out CPA. Under coach Ingle Martin (former Florida gator & green bay packer) they have a legit shot at that 3A title this yr. look at their schedule and scores before you hand the title to an up & down CAK team or Alcoa. They may win it but CPA will have a say in it.

I'm thinking Cheatham County will take care of CPA next week