Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

I will hold off and buy tickets at DB on Wednesday morning. I just talked to the athletics office, they have no idea how many tickets Maryville is sending...tickets have not arrived yet. If it's 500 or so, that won't scratch the surface.

I am going to Loudon on Thursday, so if tickets are limited and we sale out fast...I can swing by Maryville on my way back to Kingsport and buy tickets if there is a need.

Wishing it was Friday already, the Indians are going to shock the world....and Doug Fritz is an idiot who hates DB

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up

I agree with that. At least he actually writes/reports about high school sports. Pretty sad that the SWVa times can't get it and it's left up to the JC press to write about DB.

I agree with that. At least he actually writes/reports about high school sports. Pretty sad that the SWVa times can't get it and it's left up to the JC press to write about DB.

The Times News is hurting. They laid off 22 people 2 weeks ago and long time sports writer Bill Lane retired that day...nobody left there to do a write up.

I will hold off and buy tickets at DB on Wednesday morning. I just talked to the athletics office, they have no idea how many tickets Maryville is sending...tickets have not arrived yet. If it's 500 or so, that won't scratch the surface.

I am going to Loudon on Thursday, so if tickets are limited and we sale out fast...I can swing by Maryville on my way back to Kingsport and buy tickets if there is a need.

Wishing it was Friday already, the Indians are going to shock the world....and Doug Fritz is an idiot who hates DB

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up

Good deal ART.I'm working nights until friday morning and it's going to be all I can do just to make that trip friday afternoon.I just hope everyone gets down there safe and back home safe { A big win would be an early Christmas} Roll Tribe !

I AM QUOTEING THE NEWSPAPER AND FACTS WHICH DONT LIE ---

On the other side, Dobyns-Bennett has never played for a state title since the TSSAA began a playoff system in 1969.

Read more: http://www.johnsonci...0#ixzz2C7jKmCnM

While true, it is also true that D-B has never taken the path of competing in any division lower than the highest in TSSAA while all but two of Maryville's titles were won at the lower divisions. It is also true that D-B has a winning record against Maryville. Like you said, just facts.

While true, it is also true that D-B has never taken the path of competing in any division lower than the highest in TSSAA while all but two of Maryville's titles were won at the lower divisions. It is also true that D-B has a winning record against Maryville. Like you said, just facts.

How many times have DB and Maryville played since 1969?

Ultimate sign of disrespect to another team is already claiming victory before you have even played the game. Classy...Hope Riverdale wins now.

Nope. Not a follower of Siegel. Just seen them play and been very impressed. Just wanted to give the Maryville and DB fans a glimpse of next week.

And meant no disrespect to Riverdale. I certainly know that the game is decided on the field first. But I just don't see them beating the Stars with the injuries they've suffered, even though some are coming back this week (Odom in particular).