Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

I have seen both teams in person more than once. DB has a nice team and Foreman is really quick. Maryville hasn't seen anyone as quick as Foreman this year, however DB does not have much depth and that will be a BIG problem against Maryville. GQ will scheme it up and make DB's defensive backs play the whole field which is going to be very tough since they play both ways. DB also gambles a lot on D and that plays into GQ's hands as I'm afraid he will make them pay dearly. DB is going to have to play lights out D, especially in the secondary or it is going to be a long, long night for them. DB has some quality players but overall team depth is going to hinder them greatly in this matchup.

Almost exactly how i see it going. I have heard DB fans complain all year about their secondary. Well, it's gonna be tested Fri night and frankly i don't think they will pass that test. Maryville loosens you up with the run aaaaaaaannnnndddd just when you start sitting on it BOOM, over the top and they're walking into the EZ. And Prevo and Shuler are a DEADLY combo. Prevo is the slasher...Shuler is fast with great cutback ability and will flatten your a**, too.

Edited by SweetScience

haha just messing

I think DB's chances in this game went away unfortunately after their starting QB's career ended earlier in the year which was very unfortunate for that young man. But, it took away Foreman to be a WR threat...Cook i think was a really good QB. It hasn't hurt them yet, but it will Fri night. DB hasn't played a team remotely close to Murvil.

Edited by SweetScience

Well , after those first few Giddy hours of some DB fans telling us they're gonna Kick our Butt it's gotten a lot quieter ... I got a feeling our Little , unimpressive looking fellers are gonna try to get FARRED UP !! It's fun having a team coming in that plans on kicking our butts ... I guess Maxipad Preps must of thought our boys weren't all that Purdy looking either since they have us ranked 4th in the State ... behind Ensworh , Kingsport DB & Siegel ...

Well , after those first few Giddy hours of some DB fans telling us they're gonna Kick our Butt it's gotten a lot quieter ... I got a feeling our Little , unimpressive looking fellers are gonna try to get FARRED UP !! It's fun having a team coming in that plans on kicking our butts ... I guess Maxipad Preps must of thought our boys weren't all that Purdy looking either since they have us ranked 4th in the State ... behind Ensworh , Kingsport DB & Siegel ...

IDK, i thought Murvil looked awfully purdy in them black uni's last night, Pep.

And people wonder why Murvil remains motivated to win it all every year. People would doubt them if they won 100 straight titles smh...Some never learn.

IDK, i thought Murvil looked awfully purdy in them black uni's last night, Pep.

Purdy is as Purdy does ...icon_mrgreen.gif

I know one thing for sure , if we have 40 sec left in the game or Half and 2 timeouts left , I don't think Coach Quarles will curl up into a Fetal position like Coach Dooley did ... lol , Dooley's gonna be a great Lawyer !! lol