Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

Almost exactly how i see it going. I have heard DB fans complain all year about their secondary. Well, it's gonna be tested Fri night and frankly i don't think they will pass that test. Maryville loosens you up with the run aaaaaaaannnnndddd just when you start sitting on it BOOM, over the top and they're walking into the EZ. And Prevo and Shuler are a DEADLY combo. Prevo is the slasher...Shuler is fast with great cutback ability and will flatten your a**, too.

Actually its pretty amazing that DB is sitting here at 12-0 with the way we play pass defense. Really our only pass defense is the pass rush. About 6 years ago we started playing to far off the receivers and that continues to this day. Its almost like we're scared we're going to get beat deep. But then we just let the receiver run right by us. It's not a athlete problem, Its the way their coached. Yes I know that makes no sinse. No, I can't explain it. Thats the way it is and it ain't gonna' change. Friday night you will see receivers running w-i-d-e open on at least 50% of Maryville's plays. They won't have to open anything up with the run. Manning was 24 of 33 for 276 yards Friday night. If we beat Maryville we'll have to score in the 50 point range.

I agree we've talked about it for years Waco. If anyone can't understand how bad our pass defense is, just look at the Vols pass defense and put it on a highschool football field. We have a pretty good run defense and an awesome offense when GC doesn't have his head up his butt. SC QB was on target on almost every throw last Friday and destroyed our secondary. Now,that being said I think this will come down to scoring, if GQ stops our run its over. Like a few Maryville faithful have said that their players are reading these posts. I hope the DB players are if so, treat this like its the last game you will ever play. For some it could be. Maryville has our respect. Now lets go out and earn theirs.

I agree we've talked about it for years Waco. If anyone can't understand how bad our pass defense is, just look at the Vols pass defense and put it on a highschool football field. We have a pretty good run defense and an awesome offense when GC doesn't have his head up his butt. SC QB was on target on almost every throw last Friday and destroyed our secondary. Now,that being said I think this will come down to scoring, if GQ stops our run its over. Like a few Maryville faithful have said that their players are reading these posts. I hope the DB players are if so, treat this like its the last game you will ever play. For some it could be. Maryville has our respect. Now lets go out and earn theirs.

You know if Maryville stops the run it doesn't have to be over. We're not a bad passing team. Foreman has a pretty decent arm and Swafford, Barger, and Holt all have good hands. We only throw 3 or 4 times a game but when we do it's usually big. They've stacked the line on us the past three games but still never really stopped us. I guess it has slowed Foreman a bit. He's only getting around 150yrds. a game instead of 250. But then Swafford I think has been over 100yrds the past three games.

You know if Maryville stops the run it doesn't have to be over. We're not a bad passing team. Foreman has a pretty decent arm and Swafford, Barger, and Holt all have good hands. We only throw 3 or 4 times a game but when we do it's usually big. They've stacked the line on us the past three games but still never really stopped us. I guess it has slowed Foreman a bit. He's only getting around 150yrds. a game instead of 250. But then Swafford I think has been over 100yrds the past three games.

I've always said Foreman is almost unstoppable in the shotgun. People overlook his arm strength and accuracy. When they back up in coverage he will run it and make you pay. SC's off. Line played a better game the second time around giving their QB plenty of time. I know Prevo is good but, we have to put pressure on Maryville's QB to win this game. He is very accurate and doesn't get rattled. I'm looking at Foreman and Swafford to show Blount County who they are. This is a mountain of a task, but I think DB can win if they play mistake free football.

Your Painting with a pretty broad brush Pep. Thats 2 or 3 DB fans that went overboard out of 2 or 3 thousand humble fans that will be coming down Friday to watch the game. The "team" plans on coming in and competing with the #1 ranked team in Tennessee 6A football (the big boy classification) Sure, the"team" is coming in with the attitude their going to win. This is the playoffs and if your "team" doesn't have that attitude they wouldn't be here in the first place. So don't get to jacked up over what three cocky fans say. The "team" know's what the deal is.

Oh I know Waco , just trying to stir things up a little , having a little fun . I know you can relate . Maryville has a lot of Respect for you guys , It's nice to play another team with great History and tradition . I hope Ted Wilson can Make it to this Game , and hopefully sit with us on our side .

The really big question is can we reach 100 pages on this thread this week ?? lol

I've always said Foreman is almost unstoppable in the shotgun. People overlook his arm strength and accuracy. When they back up in coverage he will run it and make you pay. SC's off. Line played a better game the second time around giving their QB plenty of time. I know Prevo is good but, we have to put pressure on Maryville's QB to win this game. He is very accurate and doesn't get rattled. I'm looking at Foreman and Swafford to show Blount County who they are. This is a mountain of a task, but I think DB can win if they play mistake free football.

To me Nick Myers has been the biggest Surprise for Maryville this year . Nick has become a very steady , dependable QB and has shown great composure whenever he has been pressured . He has gotten bigger , stronger and more accurate throwing the ball from last yr . Nick also brings a toughness that wasn't there last year , he doesn't shy away from Contact anymore , I've even seen him take off and Flatten people blocking after pitching the ball this year . Yes , Maryville has several Playmakers on Offense and Defense but we wouldn't be where we are right now ( undefeated ) without Nick's Steady QB play .

To me Nick Myers has been the biggest Surprise for Maryville this year . Nick has become a very steady , dependable QB and has shown great composure whenever he has been pressured . He has gotten bigger , stronger and more accurate throwing the ball from last yr . Nick also brings a toughness that wasn't there last year , he doesn't shy away from Contact anymore , I've even seen him take off and Flatten people blocking after pitching the ball this year . Yes , Maryville has several Playmakers on Offense and Defense but we wouldn't be where we are right now ( undefeated ) without Nick's Steady QB play .

I totally agree. Before the season I had little faith in Nick due to his performance during his time at QB last year behind Patton Robinette. He is not only a great QB but also a great person as well. Very humble and a great person to be around.

Nick is having a great season. If given time to throw the ball he will pick the defense apart. He makes great decisions and quick with his reads. Looking forward to this game. If DB has a poor secondary, I expect Nick to have a big night. We have several play makers and the best coaching staff calling the plays. GO REBELS

Nick is having a great season. If given time to throw the ball he will pick the defense apart. He makes great decisions and quick with his reads. Looking forward to this game. If DB has a poor secondary, I expect Nick to have a big night. We have several play makers and the best coaching staff calling the plays. GO REBELS

Maryville is going to make plays and they will get their points.I expect they will move the ball in the air and on the ground as well.I'd take 300 to 400 yards total and 28-35 points right now, IF DB can do what they are capable of on offense.Shoot, if Maryville get's 35 points and DB get's 36,I don't care if Maryville passes and runs for 1000 total yards.I think Maryville will play up tight and try their best to make DB pass the ball.I like Foreman in the shotgun with Swafford in motion to either run or go for a pass,plus we do have more options with speed and strength out of that.I hope it's a clean game as far as the refs and turnovers go.If either team get's a break however,I'd soon it be the Tribe.

You're right. Foreman has a great arm. They have ran the ball so well they haven't really needed to throw it all season. Although they have only thrown the ball 5-7 times a game, I think Foreman has thrown a TD pass in just about every game he has played at QB. Also, that catch by #15 was incredible the other night. There are plenty of guys to catch it if they need to throw.