Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

Haha, i hope you're wrong. I would at least like to see a competitive game. I pull for both of these teams when they aren't playing us. You're right, though. Maryville makes it so hard to get pressure on Myers or any QB they have any year, for that matter. We got a few sacks on Myers, which was nice to see, but boy you have to fight with everything you have everytime to just even get close to him and when you do he knows just when to step up. He is hard to get a hand on and he is quick and shifty back there. Best of luck.

Well Im still not saying it won't be a competitive game. But DB will have to score every time Maryville does. Thats why I keep saying DB will have to score in the 50 point range to win.

Well Im still not saying it won't be a competitive game. But DB will have to score every time Maryville does. Thats why I keep saying DB will have to score in the 50 point range to win.

I agree with you. I think as you do D-B will have a very hard time stopping Murvil. I'm almost as excited for this game as i was last week's game hahah...Not quiet, but as about as excited as one can be without their team playing in it. Have a feeling it's gonna be a great atmosphere like last weeks game was. Both sides full to the brim! Not very often you get 2 12-0 powerhouses colliding against one another.

Edited by SweetScience

Its not so much our WHOLE secondary is just "average" our two corners are outstanding with Swafford who surprises people how physical he is and doesnt let you off the line, and Foreman is without saying a shutdown corner. What hurts us is our Safety play. Now in the beginning of the year i wasnt a josh holt believer but i will be the first to say i was wrong and he has turned out to be a heck of a player, plus hes only a sophmore. But still, when we get in a situation where we have to have help over the top or our safetys have to come crashing down on a slant thats what really hurts us. I also blame our aggressive play calling defensively. Our LBs blitz so much our safetys or OLBs have no help in the middle. You will see the middle is where Maryville will get their most yards in the passing game. ROLL TRIBE!!

Edited by DBfan78

I hope mommastars will have a bucket of chikin, ima be hongry befor tha gaim

Fridee Men-Ewe fer mommaSTARS...

Biskitts and gravee and a haif duzzun hen appulls wif cuntree ham att Gracie's fer breckfust.....Blue Gill Pie fer dinnur......Lee's Faymus Res-see-pee fer supper......and a big ol' sack ov frash Poke Rinds fer tha gaim....... :hungry:

Looking through the season results, I see that Bearden seems to have been able to contain the Maryville offense somewhat. Is that result misleading? What did Bearden do that seems to have been at least a little bit successful?

Well, i don't know because i wasn't there, but from what i have read on here Bearden coulda been tipping off on Maryville's playcalling??? Just what i read on here. IDK if Murvil fans were just being silly by saying that or were serious, though? lol

Edited by SweetScience

Looking through the season results, I see that Bearden seems to have been able to contain the Maryville offense somewhat. Is that result misleading? What did Bearden do that seems to have been at least a little bit successful?

Beer-Den played us tuff....pluss we haid a cupple turnovurs inn tha furst haif.....and roomered sideline hep frum tha Mairvul sideline..... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

DB's secondary has given up quite a few yards through the air. With that said, Foreman and Swafford have made some huge plays back there. They have had a few interceptions and a few forced fumbles, that's just during the playoffs. If they do happen to pick one off, it stands a good chance to be taken to the house. If DB wins the turnover battle, I think they stand a great chance to win the game. As do most games, I think it will come down to turnovers and special teams.