Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

I really don't know why we're even coming down there Friday night. Our boys are small, slow and clumsy anyway. Maybe we should just call it off. Heck, everybody knows we have never beat a team from the Knoxville area so how could we even expect to have a chance against Maryville. :wacko:

Are you actually driving down to the game?

I enjoyed visiting with your Dad at the DB/Bearden game two weeks ago. Met him by chance and he got a kick out of me being from Alcoa. I sat down by him and another nice couple who I assume their son is one of your classmates from SS and UTK. Funny to get his perspective on DB's chances after having seen Maryville with you covering one of their games.

Lol. He told me about that. Small world, right? I've actually been at Alcoa on more Friday nights this year.

Last time I was at Maryville was the 60-41 win over Farragut.

That's a fair and accurate summary. I have seen each team three times this year and your analysis is spot on. DB cannot stop Maryville and I expect GQ to rang it up this week. DB is very, very average in the secondary and it will cost them big time this week plus they have so many kids that go both ways which will be tough on the road. Maryville is much more physical than DB and that will show up big time in my opinion. The DB kids and coaches seemed really confident tonight on the news segment but I'm afraid they are in for a rude awakening this Friday. I also think DB fans are going to see a big dose of Maryville's speed in Cody Carroll who I expect to have a big night in the throwing game. We shall see.......

I understand that Maryville will have success throwing the ball against DB but I have a hard time thinking their secondary is average when Swafford and Foreman are on the corners. Foreman is the fastest player I've seen in a long time and both just make plays. I think Maryville wins but DB has a shot. I think it's close.

I understand that Maryville will have success throwing the ball against DB but I have a hard time thinking their secondary is average when Swafford and Foreman are on the corners. Foreman is the fastest player I've seen in a long time and both just make plays. I think Maryville wins but DB has a shot. I think it's close.

Hope it's a good game especially for our area----The Tri needs some playoff success past the 40/81 split.

I have been thinking the same thing. How can their secondary be so average when they have those 2 back there? But, WaCo JaCo implies that they are average. According to him and i believe him it has to do with coaching not talent or lack thereof.

I really don't know why we're even coming down there Friday night. Our boys are small, slow and clumsy anyway. Maybe we should just call it off. Heck, everybody knows we have never beat a team from the Knoxville area so how could we even expect to have a chance against Maryville. :wacko:

Now Waco.....Eye seed whur Foreman wuz 3rd inn tha 100 meeturs laist sprang wif a 11 flat.....We ain't gott nobodee that faist (unless thay's fried chikin inn frunt ov momma)....Eye allreddy maid D-B a 23.4 pt. favritt two..... :popcorneater: