Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

I've seen both Maryville and D-B play this year, and I'll take Maryville 10 times out of 10. D-B's offense is very, very good, and they have a few special kids that can really play. Maryville's run defense, while still solid, is the weakest part of the defense, and D-B thrives on the ground. However, D-B's lack of consistent passing game will allow Maryville to load the box to contain #6, #8, and #13. While #6 has serious wheels, Maryville won't miss near as many tackles on him as SC did, and if they can keep him in the pocket and keep the offense one-dimensional, they'll keep D-B in check.

The big difference maker to me is the D-B defense. Last week against SC, they really struggled to stop SC, especially through the air, and SC could have won were it not for a few poorly-timed turnovers in the endzone. Those are mistake Maryville won't make. Maryville is too balanced offensively with #11 and #22, and D-B will not be ale to stop them. The D-B defense is weak, particularly in the secondary, and that will cost them. Maryville will be able to score at will.

Maryville - 42

D-B - 20

I can see it now.

White Pine - A Sullivan County man was stopped Thursday on I-81 near White Pine, TN with a large amount of cash. The man told the Investigators from the 4th Judicial District Task Force that he was traveling to Maryville, TN to purchase football tickets. The money and a 2012 Ford F-150 were seized by DTF Agents.

I can see it now.

White Pine - A Sullivan County man was stopped Thursday on I-81 near White Pine, TN with a large amount of cash. The man told the Investigators from the 4th Judicial District Task Force that he was traveling to Maryville, TN to purchase football tickets. The money and a 2012 Ford F-150 were seized by DTF Agents.

Don't tip em off or the jig is up. I will watch my speed near Mo-Town. Ticket scalping is not a crime.

I have been wondering if Maryville will kick it deep on kickoffs. Neither Bearden or Sevier County kicked it deep. It appeared to me that Bearden kicked the ball out of bounds on purpose to avoid the ball getting to #6 or #8. By not kicking it deep, they gave DB great field position, which put their defense in tough spots. By kicking it deep, you just never know what might happen. I'll be curious to see how this plays out.

Starting to get that feeling. Getting fired up for round # 3. This is going to be a great game. Looking forward to see what weve got to compete against "Blount County Football" . I think were ready. Clark is in the twilight of his coaching and his opportunities are about over. Should have already had three titles but that's another story. He's going to go all in for this one. Look for some awesome plays and some great coaching from both sides. I think when this one is over they are going to say " that #6 is awesome". Malik Foreman is going to show out. And Swafford will not be to shabby either. ROLL DANG TRIBE!!!!