Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

carolinarebel

SS--thanks from an exiled Tenn boy. I live just a few miles from 3 of the hottest basketball

schools in thr US--and I couldn't care less.. My heart is in Tenn. I like OR and since you live in Maryville, we might have been neighbors at one time.. Thanks again fot the info.

I have lived off madison avenue, and i now live off montvale, so you probably have at one time or another lol

I've seen both Maryville and D-B play this year, and I'll take Maryville 10 times out of 10. D-B's offense is very, very good, and they have a few special kids that can really play. Maryville's run defense, while still solid, is the weakest part of the defense, and D-B thrives on the ground. However, D-B's lack of consistent passing game will allow Maryville to load the box to contain #6, #8, and #13. While #6 has serious wheels, Maryville won't miss near as many tackles on him as SC did, and if they can keep him in the pocket and keep the offense one-dimensional, they'll keep D-B in check.

The big difference maker to me is the D-B defense. Last week against SC, they really struggled to stop SC, especially through the air, and SC could have won were it not for a few poorly-timed turnovers in the endzone. Those are mistake Maryville won't make. Maryville is too balanced offensively with #11 and #22, and D-B will not be ale to stop them. The D-B defense is weak, particularly in the secondary, and that will cost them. Maryville will be able to score at will.

Maryville - 42

D-B - 20

That's a fair and accurate summary. I have seen each team three times this year and your analysis is spot on. DB cannot stop Maryville and I expect GQ to rang it up this week. DB is very, very average in the secondary and it will cost them big time this week plus they have so many kids that go both ways which will be tough on the road. Maryville is much more physical than DB and that will show up big time in my opinion. The DB kids and coaches seemed really confident tonight on the news segment but I'm afraid they are in for a rude awakening this Friday. I also think DB fans are going to see a big dose of Maryville's speed in Cody Carroll who I expect to have a big night in the throwing game. We shall see.......

For those of you interested in a live chat about Blount County football (that obviously includes you upper East Tennesseans this week), we'll be doing so tomorrow (Thursday) at 5pm in the 'Blount County Football' thread.

For those D-B fans posting in this thread, let me introduce myself.

I'm a sportswriter for The (Maryville) Daily Times covering Blount County preps, Maryville College and the University of Tennessee.

Y'all will hate me for saying this, but I'm an '06 Sullivan South graduate (Colonial Heights born and bred) and yes, I played football (we lost 7-6 against D-B my senior season, that was South's 11-2 quarterfinal team) for Stacy Carter. So that's all the ammunition you guys need against me.

Anyway, hope everyone will join us for the live chat to discuss a pair of huge games Friday night in Blount County (yes, F5, we'll talk plenty about CAK-Alcoa).

For those of you interested in a live chat about Blount County football (that obviously includes you upper East Tennesseans this week), we'll be doing so tomorrow (Thursday) at 5pm in the 'Blount County Football' thread.

For those D-B fans posting in this thread, let me introduce myself.

I'm a sportswriter for The (Maryville) Daily Times covering Blount County preps, Maryville College and the University of Tennessee.

Y'all will hate me for saying this, but I'm an '06 Sullivan South graduate (Colonial Heights born and bred) and yes, I played football (we lost 7-6 against D-B my senior season, that was South's 11-2 quarterfinal team) for Stacy Carter. So that's all the ammunition you guys need against me.

Anyway, hope everyone will join us for the live chat to discuss a pair of huge games Friday night in Blount County (yes, F5, we'll talk plenty about CAK-Alcoa).

Well to start with if your really a South grad in '06 and played football you should know that you lost your Sr. year to DB 44-0, not 7-6. That's 44-0. I try to remind you guys at least twice a week and you still can't get it right.

Well to start with if your really a South grad in '06 and played football you should know that you lost your Sr. year to DB 44-0, not 7-6. That's 44-0. I try to remind you guys at least twice a week and you still can't get it right.

Outstanding CB on the '05 team WaCo. That's the last time South really had a chance to win.

That's a fair and accurate summary. I have seen each team three times this year and your analysis is spot on. DB cannot stop Maryville and I expect GQ to rang it up this week. DB is very, very average in the secondary and it will cost them big time this week plus they have so many kids that go both ways which will be tough on the road. Maryville is much more physical than DB and that will show up big time in my opinion. The DB kids and coaches seemed really confident tonight on the news segment but I'm afraid they are in for a rude awakening this Friday. I also think DB fans are going to see a big dose of Maryville's speed in Cody Carroll who I expect to have a big night in the throwing game. We shall see.......

I really don't know why we're even coming down there Friday night. Our boys are small, slow and clumsy anyway. Maybe we should just call it off. Heck, everybody knows we have never beat a team from the Knoxville area so how could we even expect to have a chance against Maryville. :wacko:

My senior class graduated in '06. And like most classes, we graduated in the spring. And like most classes, we played football the previous fall ('05).

I enjoyed visiting with your Dad at the DB/Bearden game two weeks ago. Met him by chance and he got a kick out of me being from Alcoa. I sat down by him and another nice couple who I assume their son is one of your classmates from SS and UTK. Funny to get his perspective on DB's chances after having seen Maryville with you covering one of their games.

Edited by Tornado89

The Indians speed puts a lot of pressure on a defense to try and stop them from getting outside. That's why #35 has been busting a lot of runs at FB. But make no mistake about it, the Indians will move the ball and Foreman and Swafford will have big games.

If DB does not have turnovers, Maryville will have to keep up with DB. Kingsport is coming to Blount County to play this years Rebels team with this years Indian team, and I am saying the Kingsport will win this year.

And PepVol... Foreman is closer to Usain Bolt speed than Cobb is to Foreman speed.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Edited by ArtVandalay