Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

I have been thinking the same thing. How can their secondary be so average when they have those 2 back there? But, WaCo JaCo implies that they are average. According to him and i believe him it has to do with coaching not talent or lack thereof.

I don't think I ever said our secondary is average. Average would be a stretch. And yes it is coaching. It's the same problem every year for the past 6 years. And we have had some of the best athletes in the state playing back there. We always play to far off the receivers and then we just let them run by us. Its almost like we let the receiver catch the ball then go and try to tackle him. You'll see what I mean Friday night because their not going to play it any different. Foreman and Swafford are dangerous though because they can close on the ball so fast. If Maryville throws 30 times they might get a couple picked off. I expect Maryville to have close to 300 yrds. passing. Thats why I said in a earlier post that I thought DB would have to score 50 points to beat Maryville.

Now Waco.....Eye seed whur Foreman wuz 3rd inn tha 100 meeturs laist sprang wif a 11 flat.....We ain't gott nobodee that faist (unless thay's fried chikin inn frunt ov momma)....Eye allreddy maid D-B a 23.4 pt. favritt two..... :popcorneater:

I know that and Im still trying to figure out how we'll get that .4 point

I don't think I ever said our secondary is average. Average would be a stretch. And yes it is coaching. It's the same problem every year for the past 6 years. And we have had some of the best athletes in the state playing back there. We always play to far off the receivers and then we just let them run by us. Its almost like we let the receiver catch the ball then go and try to tackle him. You'll see what I mean Friday night because their not going to play it any different. Foreman and Swafford are dangerous though because they can close on the ball so fast. If Maryville throws 30 times they might get a couple picked off. I expect Maryville to have close to 300 yrds. passing. Thats why I said in a earlier post that I thought DB would have to score 50 points to beat Maryville.

Ok, so is it below average to you? I'd give anything if OR had of had Swafford and Foreman in our secondary last fri night lol

Ok, so is it below average to you? I'd give anything if OR had of had Swafford and Foreman in our secondary last fri night lol

Yes I would say below average. But Im not saying we don't have the athletes to shut people down. We're just out of position to make a play on the ball most of the time. Basically our pass defense is putting pressure on the QB. And that won't happen against Maryville. You'll be amazed at how wide open the receivers will be Friday night.

Yes I would say below average. But Im not saying we don't have the athletes to shut people down. We're just out of position to make a play on the ball most of the time. Basically our pass defense is putting pressure on the QB. And that won't happen against Maryville. You'll be amazed at how wide open the receivers will be Friday night.

Haha, i hope you're wrong. I would at least like to see a competitive game. I pull for both of these teams when they aren't playing us. You're right, though. Maryville makes it so hard to get pressure on Myers or any QB they have any year, for that matter. We got a few sacks on Myers, which was nice to see, but boy you have to fight with everything you have everytime to just even get close to him and when you do he knows just when to step up. He is hard to get a hand on and he is quick and shifty back there. Best of luck.