Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

I'm not stirring a pot. Those tweets were a year ago. Before I was paid to be objective (and before I covered Blount County football for a living). And I don't hate Graham Clark. What I did hate, though, was he and D-B beating the crap out of South every year. But that has nothing to do with him. What number is the win streak at for D-B over South now? You guys probably don't keep up with that number because it's a non-factor for y'all. But we kept up with it like it was religion (it was at 13, I think, when we lost 7-6 in '05). Like I said before, those were jabs at the kids I grew up with and played with/against. Stirring the pot then? Sure, but that was between friends. Stirring the pot now? No way. Don't care what happens Friday night, as long as it happens before deadline. Apologies if you took offense.

Edited by GrantRamey

Maryville 38-34 over DB. With DB scoring last to pull it close. I see MHS staying a possession ahead the whole game. I think both defenses will came out strong to start and maybe surprise both fan bases a little considering how good both the offenses are. Inevitably, there's just too many athletic weapons on both teams to keep either offense down for long. Both teams will make some plays tomorrow night and it should be exciting to watch. I think I've decided to stay at home and watch it on tv (no volume)... that way I can avoid the masses fighting for seats during pregame. Although I really would like to see Art try to sit in Pep's seats.

Great news Indians fans. I have been to the "Skeeter" today.....and guess what?

There is NO RESERVED SEATING on the Home Side for Playoff Games!!! Wow!!! Why not?

So, both sides of the stadium are wide open to first come first serve.

Roll Tribe Roll

Ok , I'll bite , why would you act so disrespectful to a host community? I guarantee you one thing , no MARYVILLE fan would even consider employing such an action. You will enter the visitor gate and then if there is over flow you can get what is left or stand on the fence, trust me this is your best option. I would expect more class from someone from Tennessee and especially from a place where Coach Ted Wilson coached , but I can see that I would be mistaken. There are no life guards on duty , swim at your own risk. :thumb:

I am totally shocked about the size of THE SKEETER!!! It sure is named right.

We love it but I cannot say the same for many others. The size of the facility should not be your concern there art but our slow ,small and clumsy defending STATE CHAMPIONS (and these were not voted on BTW). Hope to see you tomorrow. Edited by GREYRIDER

I'm not stirring a pot. Those tweets were a year ago. Before I was paid to be objective (and before I covered Blount County football for a living). And I don't hate Graham Clark. What I did hate, though, was he and D-B beating the crap out of South every year. But that has nothing to do with him. What number is the win streak at for D-B over South now? You guys probably don't keep up with that number because it's a non-factor for y'all. But we kept up with it like it was religion (it was at 13, I think, when we lost 7-6 in '05). Like I said before, those were jabs at the kids I grew up with and played with/against. Stirring the pot then? Sure, but that was between friends. Stirring the pot now? No way. Don't care what happens Friday night, as long as it happens before deadline. Apologies if you took offense.

Thanks. By no means, did I take offense. I was just curious. I can understand. I can't stand Steve Spurrier, but I don't have a great reason other than he has pretty much owned UT for the better part of 20 years. From what I understand, the last South victory was in 1993. I was at the '05 game. That night I thought South was going to win. Two fumbles in the red zone and a missed extra point did you guys in. If memory serves me correctly, that was the debut of Bo Burton into the Indians offense as QB.

Edited by where's the love?

Where's the love, you're correct on both parts. The '93 game was Sam Haynie (South's HC now) and Jeremy Osborne's class. Osborne went on to Furman, Haynie to ETSU. And the '05 game was Bo Burton (who I kept up with as long as I could while he played baseball at ETSU) at QB for D-B and Curt Phillips (then a sophomore, who had the only TD for us that night) at QB for South.

And yes, it was a missed XP. That still haunts our class to this day. And we don't let our kicker forget it (in a good natured way). But he's a good sport about it.

That night sucked. But it's produced a ton of laughs since.

Edited by GrantRamey

Ok , I'll bite , why would you act so disrespectful to a host community? I guarantee you one thing , no MARYVILLE fan would even consider employing such an action. You will enter the visitor gate and then if there is over flow you can get what is left or stand on the fence, trust me this is your best option. I would expect more class from someone from Tennessee and especially from a place where Coach Ted Wilson coached , but I can see that I would be mistaken. There are no life guards on duty , swim at your own risk. :thumb:

Easy there Grey. No respectful DB fan would excercise sitting on the home side as a first option. However, if the visitor stands fill up, Rebel fans better be in their seats or they'll have to stand up "in front" of the DB fans sitting on the home side.

Edited by OldRebel2

We love it but I cannot say the same for many others. The size of the facility should not be your concern there art but our slow ,small and clumsy defending STATE CHAMPIONS (and these were not voted on BTW). Hope to see you tomorrow.

Well Food City had a buy one get one free sale on 12 packs of Mountain Dew this week so I think Art is just all jacked up. We at DB have no room to talk about seating especially vistor seating. And another thing. Our guys are smaller, slower, and more clumsy than your guys. We have to have help getting off the bus.

You're correct on both parts. The '93 game was Sam Haynie (South's HC now) and Jeremy Osborne's class. Osborne went on to Furman, Haynie to ETSU. And the '05 game was Bo Burton (who I kept up with as long as I could while he played baseball at ETSU) at QB for D-B and Curt Phillips (then a sophomore, who had the only TD for us that night) at QB for South.

And yes, it was a missed XP. That still haunts our class to this day. And we don't let our kicker forget it (in a good natured way). But he's a good sport about it.

In 2006 DB beat South 44-0. Don't want to forget that!

Where's the love, you're correct on both parts. The '93 game was Sam Haynie (South's HC now) and Jeremy Osborne's class. Osborne went on to Furman, Haynie to ETSU. And the '05 game was Bo Burton (who I kept up with as long as I could while he played baseball at ETSU) at QB for D-B and Curt Phillips (then a sophomore, who had the only TD for us that night) at QB for South.

I am friends with Jeremy. He is a great guy. I bet you do give Kevin a hard time. I felt really bad for Jake who fumbled once or twice. He was a heckuva football player who just had a bad night. I'm glad to finally see Curt get his shot at Wisconsin.