Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

So you would say this is one of your average teams... not one of your best but better than the teams that didn't win state titles?

Each Rebel team seems to be very blue collar in nature and very similar to each other. Key word is "team". Rarely do any of them (over the last decade or so) have any "glaring" weaknesses or really strong strengths. Rather, each team seems to have a tremendous amount of balance...both on offense and on defense. Comparing, therefore,is very tough. As I said, they are better than some and not quite as good as others in specific areas. However, as a "team", considering all phases of the game, this team is on pretty equal footing as several others. (The Rebels have won several state championships when they weren't the best team (IMO). In 2008, they may have lost one they probably should have won.)

Edited by OldRebel2

Had Clark scheduled the game the past two seasons as GREENEVILLE wanted then DB wld have finished 9-1. Btw a scrimmage is simply that a scrimmage so don't go crying that it means something

You guys played Science Hill last year and it was a close game the entire game with a 12pt win. We couldve beat science hill 70-14 if we wanted to last year

Had Clark scheduled the game the past two seasons as GREENEVILLE wanted then DB wld have finished 9-1. Btw a scrimmage is simply that a scrimmage so don't go crying that it means something

I was going to make fun of you for even bringing up G-ville in this thread (makes you look hopelessly jealous), but then I realized, there isn't a G-ville thread for you to participate in and I felt bad. So carry on as you wish, you'll get no static from me.

Each Rebel team seems to be very blue collar in nature and very similar to each other. Key word is "team". Rarely do any of them (over the last decade or so) have any "glaring" weaknesses or really strong strengths. Rather, each team seems to have a tremendous amount of balance...both on offense and on defense. Comparing, therefore,is very tough. As I said, they are better than some and not quite as good as others in specific areas. However, as a "team", considering all phases of the game, this team is on pretty equal footing as several others. (The Rebels have won several state championships when they weren't the best team (IMO). In 2008, they may have lost one they probably should have won.)

OK. Just curious if this was just another run of the mill title contending Maryville team or if this was a "OMG!!!! This may be the best M'ville team ever" kind of team. Of course I was kind of hoping you might say "this is the worst of the lot, I don't know how this team is still unbeaten", but I figured that wouldn't be the case. The consistency you guys have is amazing. Hard to believe that with a complete roster turnover every 4 years playing Maryville always seems to mean the same thing.

its ok because hes going to say oh lets talk about our 2 state titles. Do state titles mean anything the year after? nope

Not to mention the fact that the 4A state title is a trophy for which DB has never competed. Kudos to G-ville for winning a couple, but why would D-B care? Guess I don't get it. Props to his steadfast hounding of D-B fans though... he's definitely got mad stalking skillz.

GREENEVILLE made a few mistakes in that game last year and the score should have been around 42 14 but I understand your opinions. I mean its not like DB hasn't ever won the big game or even played in it. Oh wait they haven't and this year will be no different. Btw I will be at the game to see the mighty Indians fall. New coach next year? Lol

Edited by DevilMan03

Good Lord will the Greeneville fans please get back to shining Alcoa's boots .... beat em so bad they made em like it !!

Art , keep it up Buddy and It won't matter how Jacked up you get off your Mountain Dews , Momma Starz will be Pile Driving and coming off the Top Rope on anybody not wearing Red & Black on our Side !! WOOOOOOOO!!! LOL :mrgreen:

For a couple of guys who are just a little slow .... I brought up Randall Cobb , just to say we have played "special players " before and had success .... It was Art all jacked up on his sugar high who started saying Foreman was closer to Usain Bolt than Randall was to Foreman , and would leave poor little Randall eating his dust ... I'm not saying Foreman isn't special , from the sounds of it he is and may make it big time , who knows ? I'm just hoping OUR poor little , Clumsy , and EXTREMELY SLOW boys aren't too intimidated !! :mrgreen:

Good Lord will the Greeneville fans please get back to shining Alcoa's boots .... beat em so bad they made em like it !!

Art , keep it up Buddy and It won't matter how Jacked up you get off your Mountain Dews , Momma Starz will be Pile Driving and coming off the Top Rope on anybody not wearing Red & Black on our Side !! WOOOOOOOO!!! LOL :mrgreen:

For a couple of guys who are just a little slow .... I brought up Randall Cobb , just to say we have played "special players " before and had success .... It was Art all jacked up on his sugar high who started saying Foreman was closer to Usain Bolt than Randall was to Foreman , and would leave poor little Randall eating his dust ... I'm not saying Foreman isn't special , from the sounds of it he is and may make it big time , who knows ? I'm just hoping OUR poor little , Clumsy , and EXTREMELY SLOW boys aren't too intimidated !! :mrgreen:

Just like GREENEVILLE did lastyear